Guilty Until Proven Insane
|Guilty Until Proven Insane|
|Studio album by Skyhooks|
|Released||March 13, 1978|
|Recorded||Armstrong Studios, Melbourne and Trafalgar Studios, Sydney|
Guilty Until Proven Insane is the fourth studio album released by Skyhooks on March 13, 1978. It was the first album that featured Bob Spencer, who replaced guitarist Red Symons in early 1977. Spencer originally played in Sydney rock band Finch and was later was a member of another Sydney rock group The Angels.
Originally released as a 12" vinyl LP and also on red vinyl as a 5000-copy limited release, it was later released on CD in 1997. It is the first album to include an uncensored version of "Why Dontcha All Get *ucked" recorded in a studio, as opposed to live and censored versions. It is also the last album vocalist Graeme "Shirley" Strachan made with Skyhooks before reuniting with them for the recording sessions featured on The Lost Album.
Only two singles were released from the album. "Women in Uniform" was a Top 10 hit nationwide, while "Meglomania" barely made the Top 100. Live favorites were "BBBBBBBBBBBBBBoogie", "Hotel Hell" and "Why Doncha All Get Fucked". "Women in Uniform" was covered 2 years later in 1980 by the heavy metal group Iron Maiden.
The album is no longer in regular print, thus numbers have dwindled largely and is now considered a rare item, much like the follow-up album Hot for the Orient.
The album's name comes from a line in "Twisted Innocence", which states 'if I'm guilty until proven insane...'.
All tracks by Greg Macainsh, except where noted.
- "Women in Uniform" - 4:21
- "Life in the Modern World" - 3:23
- "Trouble With the Computer" - 4:53
- "BBBBBBBBBBBBBoogie" - 3:00 (Imants "Freddie" Strauks)
- "Twisted Innocence" - 3:46
- "Hotel Hell" - 4:46
- "Point in the Distance" - 6:23
- "Meglomania" - 4:07
- "Why Dontcha All Get *ucked" - 3:59
- Graeme "Shirley" Strachan - Lead Vocals
- Bob Spencer - Guitar, Backing Vocals
- Bob "Bongo" Starkie - Guitar
- Greg Macainsh - Bass, Narration (8)
- Imants "Freddy" Strauks - Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals
- Joe Camilleri (Courtesy OZ Records), Wilbur Wilde - Saxes On 'Hotel Hell'
- Tony Ansell - Piano On 'Why Dontcha All Get *ucked', Organ On 'Meglomania'
- Eddie 'Spag' Leonetti - Organ On 'Twisted Innocence', String Machine On 'Point In The Distance'
- "Skyhooks - Guilty Until Proven Insane (1978) + Bonus Tracks". Rock On Vinyl. Retrieved 9 July 2011.