Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2009)|
Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition logo
|Cover artist||Itonic Design, Api Group|
|Series||Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition|
|Subject||World Records, Video Games|
Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition is a Guinness World Records book dedicated to video games. The first edition was released in February 2008 in association with the video games world records' tracking organization Twin Galaxies. There have been seven editions. All subsequent editions have been released in January of their year.
Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition, 2008 is a book of 250 pages filled with gaming facts, trivia, and records spanning the birth of the video game to current next-generation consoles.
Chapters in this book include:
- The Year In Gaming: A look at the major events of the year broken down by months.
- 2007 Best Sellers Chart: A list of the top 20 best selling Games of 2007, with records and descriptions.
- Hardware: A history of gaming hardware broken down by platform, and a list of best selling games by platform.
- Breaking Games: An overview of games divided by genre, with standout games featured in a spread.
- Top 100 Arcade Games: A list of the top 100 arcade games of all time, from classic games to modern. (This has been replaced in the 2009 edition by a "Top 50 Console Games" based on the favorite games of industry experts polled. Other examples include "Top 50 Video Game Characters", "Top 50 Video Game Endings", "Top 50 Villians" and "Top 50 Graphics".)
- High Scores: An alphabetical list of high scores for games of all genres and platforms.
|This article about a non-fiction book on videogames is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|