Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015)|
Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition logo
|Cover artist||Itonic Design, Api Group|
|Series||Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition|
|Subject||World Records, Video Games|
Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition is a Guinness World Records book dedicated to video games. The first edition was released in February 2008 in association with the video games world records' tracking organization Twin Galaxies. There have been seven editions. All subsequent editions have been released in January of their year.
Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition, (Year) is a book of 250 pages filled with gaming facts, trivia, and records spanning the birth of the video game to current next-generation consoles.
Chapters in this book include:
- The Year In Gaming: A look at the major events of the year broken down by months.
- (This years) Best Sellers Chart: A list of the top 20 best selling Games of (That year), with records and descriptions.
- Hardware: A history of gaming hardware broken down by platform, and a list of best selling games by platform.
- Breaking Games: An overview of games divided by genre, with standout games featured in a spread.
- Top 100 Arcade Games: A list of the top 100 arcade games of all time, from classic games to modern. (This has been replaced in the 2009 edition by a "Top 50 Console Games" based on the favorite games of industry experts polled. Other examples include "Top 50 Video Game Characters", "Top 50 Video Game Endings", "Top 50 Villains" and "Top 50 Graphics".)
- High Scores: An alphabetical list of high scores for games of all genres and platforms.
Listed in 8th edition in 2015:
- WWE Superstars:
- Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2015 - page 15
- The winner of the most WWE Superstar Challenge events is Shelton Benjamin, with four victories.
Most WWE THQ Superstar Challenge titles (gaming) retrieved 8 February 2015:
The highest number of WWE THQ Superstar Challenge tournament victories is four, a record held by Shelton Benjamin. For the past five years at WrestleMania, THQ has held an annual tournament called the Superstar Challenge, in which WWE wrestlers compete for the title of best SmackDown vs. Raw player. The only other winner of the Superstar Challenge has been Elijah Burke, who won the title in 2007 at WrestleMania 23.
- The longest time spent away from appearing in official WWF and WWE games is an epic 16 years 4 months, achieved by “Macho Man” Randy Savage. After appearing in the Game Gear release WWF Raw in November 1994, the Macho Man wouldn’t feature in official wrestling federation games again until WWE All Stars, released in March 2011.
- right page retrieved 25 January 2015:
The annual WWE Superstar Challenge started in 2003
AJ Lee defeated Mark Henry in the final match of a 16-person knockout tournament on 30 March 2012 in Miami, Florida, USA, to become the first female victor.
|This article about a non-fiction book on video games is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|