|Service type||Superfast Express|
|Current operator(s)||Western Railways|
|Stops||14 as 12901 Gujarat Mail, 13 as 12902 Gujarat Mail|
|Distance travelled||491 km (305 mi)|
|Average journey time||8 hours 35 minutes|
|Train number(s)||12901 / 12902|
|Class(es)||AC 1st Class, AC 2 tier, AC 3 tier, Sleeper, General Unreserved|
|Catering facilities||No Pantry Car|
|Observation facilities||2 rakes, No Rake Sharing|
|Rolling stock||Standard Indian Railways coaches|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||110 km/h (68 mph) maximum
57.76 km/h (36 mph), excluding halts
The 12901/12902 Mumbai Central Ahmedabad Gujarat Mail is a super fast express train belonging to Indian Railways that runs between Mumbai Central and Ahmedabad in India. It is a daily service. It operates as train number 12901 from Mumbai Central to Ahmedabad and as train number 12902 in the reverse direction.
The Gujarat Mail has 1 AC 1st Class, 3 AC 2 tier, 8 AC 3 tier, 8 Sleeper class, 4 General class coaches. As with most train services in India, Coach Composition may be amended at the discretion of Indian Railways depending on demand.
It is a daily train & covers the distance of 491 kilometres in 8 hours 35 mins as 12901 Gujarat Mail (57.20 km/hr) & 8 hours 25 mins as 12902 Gujarat Mail (58.34 km/hr).
Dual traction WCAM 2/2P locos would haul the train between Mumbai Central & Ahmedabad. Western Railways completed DC Electric Conversion to AC on 5 February 2012. It is now regularly hauled by a Vadodara based WAP 4 locomotive.
- It is one of the most prestigious trains on the Western Railways network.
- The Gujarat Mail is a daily service which was originally numbered 1DN/ 2UP.
- Earlier, it would carry a mail coach from which it likely derived its name. This mail coach has now been transferred to the 19143/44 Lok Shakti Express.
- It is an extremely popular train with the Angadia community & is known as the Angadia Express within its circles.
- It has got maximum no of AC Coaches (12) in non rajdhani and non shatabdi class super fast trains in India.
12901 Gujarat Mail at Mumbai Central
The 12901 Mumbai Central Ahmedabad Gujarat Mail leaves Mumbai Central every day at 22:00 hrs IST and reaches Ahmedabad at 06:35 hrs IST the next day. 12902 Ahmedabad Mumbai Central Gujarat Mail leaves Ahmedabad every day at 22:00 hrs IST and reaches the Mumbai Central at 06:25 hrs IST the next day.
|Station Code||Station Name||Distance
|PLG||Palghar||23:42||23:44||87||1||No Halt||No Halt||No Halt||2|
|DRD||Dahanu Road||No Halt||No Halt||1||04:02||04:04||372||2|
|NVS||Navsari||01:34||01:36||233||2||No Halt||No Halt||2|
|MHD||Mhmdvd Kheda Road||05:26||05:28||463||2||22:38||22:40||29||1|
- Route for train no. 12901 
- Route for train No. 12902 
- http://epaper.timesofindia.com dated 4 July 2013 (Mumbai edition)
- Gujarat Mail Time-Table