|Type||Public shareholding company|
|Key people||Sheikh Faisal bin Saqr Al Qasimi Chairman of the Board
Dr. Ayman Ahmed Sahli Chief Executive Officer's
|Products||Julphar manufacture and sell more than 423 Products|
|Revenue||AED 1,024.1 Billion (2011)|
|Operating income||AED 200.0 Million (2011)|
|Net income||AED 170.2 Million (2011)|
Julphar (Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries) is a public shareholding pharmaceutical company based in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates. It was established in 1980 under Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammad al-Qassimi, the late ruler of Ras Al Khaimah and currently produces and distributes pharmaceutical products across five continents. Julphar produces therapeutic products which target a large range of pharmaceutical segments including consumer, endocrinology, antibiotics, cardiovascular, women's health, dermatology and gastroenterology.
One of Julphar’s strategic products include Moist Exposure Burn Ointment (MEBO), a common product used for burns. The success of MEBO led to the creation of MEBO Scar, an ointment which was developed specifically by Julphar for the treatment of scars both old and new, and is used to restore the health of traumatized skin. MEBO Scar assists patients with both functional and cosmetic problems caused by scarring.
In 2012, Julphar will become the only company in the Middle East and North Africa Region to locally produce Recombinant DNA(r-DNA), the raw material used to make insulin. Julphar Diabetes—a division of Julphar that will manage the manufacturing and commercialization the company’s diabetes products—has the facility to produce approximately 40 million vials of insulin per year. In 2011, Julphar signed a partnership with International Diabetes Federation (IDF). Diabetes rates in the MENA are amongst the highest in the world. IDF estimates that in 2011, 32.6 million people are living with diabetes in the region, and this is expected to increase by over 80% by 2030. Julphar’s first insulin production began eight years ago when insulin crystals were imported from European sources for the local production of Jusline. Julphar invested $136.1 million in its new plant in Ras Al Khaimah.
Other Julphar subsidiaries include Menacool: a transportation division which maintains a fleet of vehicles, and Planet Pharmacies: a joint venture with Global Investment House which was established in 2007, and grew from the acquisition of independent pharmacy businesses located across the United Arab Emirates, the Sultanate of Oman and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Julphar maintains a network of eleven manufacturing plants based in the UAE, with plans to open additional facilities in strategic countries such as Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia and Algeria. In 2011, Julphar signed an agreement with Saudi-based Cigalah Group, to build an independent manufacturing facility in the western region of KSA, in a project worth US$40 million.
In 2011, Julphar crossed AED 1billion in sales, an 11.3% growth from 2010.
In 2011, Julphar won the Arab Achievement Award. The award was organized by Global Business in collaboration with the Dubai Knowledge Village and was hosted during the 2nd Arab Conference for Investment in Abu Dhabi. Julphar provides annual funding and scholarships for local companies, such as the American University of Ras Al Khaimah.
|• Julphar I (Pharmaceutical Solid Dosage Forms)|
|• Julphar II (β-Lactam Antibiotics and Sterile Dosage Forms)|
|• Julphar III (Oral Penicillin Plant)|
|• Julphar IV (Oral Cephalosporin Plant)|
|• Julphar V (Off-line Packaging Plant)|
|• Julphar VI (Liquid and Semi Solid Pharmaceutical Dosage Form)|
|• Julphar VII (Biotech Lab and Production Facility)|
|• Julphar VIII (Sterile Powder Filling Plant)|
|• Julphar IX (Sterile Cephalosporin Powder Filling Plant)|
|• Julphar X (Semi-solid plant)|
|• Julphar XI (Julphar Diabetes – Insulin Plant) |
Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Board (Sheikh Faisal Bin Saqr Al Qasimi)
- Vice-Chairman of the Board (Hassan Ahmed Al Alkim)
- Member of the Board (Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saqr Al Qasimi)
- Member of the Board (Sheikh Saqr Bin Humaid Al Qasimi)
- Member of the Board (Ahmed Essa Al Naem)
- Member of the Board (Nawaf Ghobash Ahmed Saeed)
- Member of the Board (Mohamed Jamaluddin Al Saati)
- Member of the Board (Ali Hussein Al Zawawi)
- Member of the Board (Ahmed Salim Al Hosni)
- Chief Executive Officer (Ayman Ahmed Sahli)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)|
- "Home > About us > Products". Julphar.net. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- http://www.idf.org www.idf.org
- "Planet Pharmacy - Creating a new benchmark for quality, service and professionalism in the retail pharmacy industry". Planetpharmacyme.com. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- "Julphar launches MEBO Scar to Middle East pharmaceutical market | Julphar". AMEinfo.com. 2012-05-03. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Julphar Main Page". Julphar.net. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Planet Pharmacy - Creating a new benchmark for quality, service and professionalism in the retail pharmacy industry". Planetpharmacyme.com. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Plant > High lights". Jusline.ae. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- The National, email@example.com, March
- International Diabetes Federation - The IDF Diabetes Atlas Fifth Edition. Brussels:International Diabetes Federation; 2011
- "UAE’s Julphar to set up plant in Saudi Arabia". Khaleejtimes.com. 2011-11-20. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- The National, firstname.lastname@example.org, March 2012
- "Home > Plants". Julphar.net. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Home > About us > Board of Directors". Julphar.net. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- Annual Report 2011 (10.9 MB PDF, English Version)
- Annual Report 2010 (9.47 MB PDF, English and Arabic Version)
- Annual Report 2009 (4.62 MB PDF, English Version)
- Annual Report 2009 (6.79 MB PDF, Arabic Version)
- Annual Report 2008 (8.10 MB PDF, English Version)
- Annual Report 2008 (4 MB PDF, Arabic Version)