Gulf Stream, Florida
|Gulf Stream, Florida|
Location of Gulf Stream, Florida
|• Total||0.8 sq mi (2.2 km2)|
|• Land||0.8 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||7 ft (2 m)|
|• Density||953.7/sq mi (368.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0283500|
Gulf Stream is a town in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. The population was 716 at the 2000 census. Gulf Stream ranked as the 11th highest-income place in the United States. As of 2004, the population recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau is 746.
Gulf Stream is located at (26.490317, -80.061110).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.8 square miles (2.1 km2). 0.8 square miles (2.1 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (9.64%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 716 people, 340 households, and 222 families residing in the town. The population density was 953.7 inhabitants per square mile (368.6/km²). There were 625 housing units at an average density of 832.5 per square mile (321.8/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 95.39% White (93.2% were Non-Hispanic White,) 0.98% African American, 0.14% Native American, 1.40% Asian, 1.12% from other races, and 0.98% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.93% of the population.
There were 340 households out of which 16.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.6% were married couples living together, 1.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.7% were non-families. 28.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 18.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.11 and the average family size was 2.55.
In the town the population was spread out with 14.9% under the age of 18, 1.7% from 18 to 24, 15.6% from 25 to 44, 29.7% from 45 to 64, and 38.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 56 years. For every 100 females there were 93.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.1 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $146,985, and the median income for a family was $186,777. Males had a median income of $78,045 versus $40,625 for females. The per capita income for the town was $133,651. About 2.5% of families and 2.5% of the population were below the poverty line, none under age 18 and just 1.7% of those age 65 or over.
Martin O'Boyle, in July 2013 is scheduled to go to court for his cartoon depictions of local politicians and city officials.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Demographics of Gulf Stream, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. Retrieved 2007-12-03.
- "MLA Data Center Results for Gulf Stream, Florida". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-12-03.
- Martin O'Boyle, in July 2013 is scheduled to go to court for his cartoon depictions of local politicians and city officials. http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-man-takes-revenge-paints-town-officials-shrek/story?id=19580597#.UdhH0Pm1GSp
- The page for Gulf Stream at the Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau