From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2012)|
Gullane Entertainment (originally The Britt Allcroft Company) was a British television production company which produced children's programming, including Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends, Shining Time Station, and Magic Adventures of Mumfie.
- Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends (1983–present) - TV series created by Britt Allcroft and based on the books The Railway Series by The Rev. Wilbert Awdry. Storytellers - Ringo Starr, Michael Angelis, George Carlin, Alec Baldwin, Michael Brandon, Pierce Brosnan, and Mark Moraghan.
- Shining Time Station (1989-1993) - created by Britt Allcroft and Rick Siggelkow. A live-action situation comedy series about life in a train station called Shining Time and featuring a cast of characters such as Stacy Jones the Manager (Didi Conn), Schemer the Arcade Owner (Brian O'Connor), the Jukebox Band and the magical Mr. Conductor (Ringo Starr, George Carlin) who tells the stories about Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends.
- Britt Allcroft's Magic Adventures of Mumfie (1994-1999) - Based on the works of artist Katharine Tozer. Featuring the voice of storyteller Patrick Breen and a score of 26 original songs.
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad (2000). Gullane's only feature-length movie. This movie features Thomas and his friends protecting a lost engine from the evil Diesel 10 and finding some magic. The film stars Alec Baldwin as Mr. Conductor, Peter Fonda as Burnett Stone, Mara Wilson as Lily, Russell Means as Billy Twofeathers, Didi Conn as Stacy Jones, and Edward Glen as the voice of Thomas.
- Gullane Entertainment owned the Guinness Book of World Records when it was sold by Diageo.
- In 2002, HIT Entertainment purchased Gullane, which is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel.
- In 2008, Britt Allcroft re-acquired the whole of the Mumfie production library from HiT Entertainment.
- For Thomas products, still being used today, copyright info refers to it as Gullane (Thomas) Limited.
- Britt Allcroft - Co Founder
- Angus Wright - Co Founder
- Adam Mills - Chairman of the Board
- William Harris[disambiguation needed] - Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Charles Falzon - President, Director
- Tim Hilton - Finance Director, Director
- Helen Byme - Secretary
- Mills to join Britt Allcroft [Productions] The Guardian – 1 December 2000