|Former names||Gulustan Wedding Palace Complex
Gülüstan şadlıq sarayı kompleksi
|Location||1 Istiglaliyyat Street, Baku, Azerbaijan|
|Owner||Republic of Azerbaijan|
Gulustan Palace (Azerbaijani: Gülüstan sarayı), formerly known as Gulustan Wedding Palace Complex during the Soviet era is the main state convention center of the Azerbaijani government. It is located on Baku's highland, on Istiglaliyyat Street overlooking the whole city of Baku and Baku Bay.
The palace serves as an official facility for governmental and non-governmental organizations holding various types of formal events. It is notable for having hosted such important events as the Contract of the Century and other significant oil and gas contracts, signing of TRACECA project, the wedding of Leyla Aliyeva, the daughter of the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, international and state conferences, etc.
The palace was built with the initiative of the Chief City Architect in the 1970s, Alish Lambaranski and designed by H. Amirkhanov, N. Hajibeyov, T. Sharinski, F. Rustamova, N. İsmayilov, K. Kerimov and Abbas Alasgarov. It was opened in 1980 and renovated in 1998.
- Heydar Aliyev Palace
- Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Hall
- Buta Palace
- Heydar Aliyev Sports and Exhibition Complex
- "Kompass information". Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- "Azərbaycan Prezidenti Heydər Əliyevin Bakıda keçirilmiş Tarixi Böyük İpək Yolunun bərpası üzrə beynəlxalq konfransın yekunları ilə əlaqədar geniş müşavirədə nitqi - Prezident sarayı, 10 sentyabr 1998-ci il". Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- "A ceremony to celebrate the 135th anniversary of the Azerbaijani national press has been held at the Gulustan Palace". Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- "The Architectural Face of Modern Baku. Profile: Alish Lambaranski". Azerbaijan International. Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- "Biographies database. Abbas Asgarov". Retrieved 2010-11-24.
|This Azerbaijan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|