||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2009)|
It is the biggest village of Gujar Khan Tehsil, one of the important union councils of gujarkhan. It is approximately 62 km southeast of Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan and 215 km to the north west of Lahore capital of Punjab. Gulyana is bounded with north side by moza bains, mankiala and Gujarkhan city, south side by Chakri wakeelan, Cheena and Doltala, East side by Maradial, Ratyal and Tuddian and west side by Kahli Khengar, Dera Muslim(Dehra Bakhshian) and Sukho. The town has a population of approximately 25,000. Gulyana lies at the bank of small river(Kass).It is also the Pothohari cultural region. The area has considerable literate human resources which works in nearby Gujarkhan & Rawalpindi. Ogah Hoon dam (Largest dam of Pothohar region) also serves fertile land of Gulyana. A private textile mill also increases its importance in the region.
Gulyana Is Approximately 900 years old when Gul Mohammad came there and settled here and on his name Gulyana is situated. In early times Gulyana was the trade center for surrounding areas. Before Partition of Indo Pak Gulyana was the main place and Tehsildar office was also here in Gulyana and judicial setup was also in Gulyana but when GT Road pass through Gujar Khan then Gujar Khan became Tehsil. The central peak point called Pind was used by the traders to announce the arrival of new goods. These traders took goods from other parts of India and sold at the pind. It was a type of Sunday market. There were Temples, Mosques and residential properties of Hindu, Sikh and Muslim families around the Pind. Dr. Bhagwan Singh was a famous Doctor in the region. After partition his family moved to India.
After partition of British India in 1947, many Hindu & Sikh families moved to India. In the mean time many Kashmiri Immigrants came and settled in Gulyana.
80% of the population depends on Agriculture. Lands of that area are very fertile. Main Crops are: Wheat, Millet, Peanuts and other Pulses
Gulyana has one main Govt. dispensary. Private hospitals and healthcare units are also working in the town. Lady health workers are also working with other Govt. Basic Health Units in the area. famous people Sibet Hussain late ex chairman uc ,Ch Zahid late ex nazim, sub master farzand ali ,captain zafar iqbal,m ,hafiz muhammad akram social worker ,shakeel ahmed ex kisan councler ,sh mushtaq late ,raja aslam late,
Ogah Hoon Dam
Ogah-hoon Dam is located near gulyana and it provides seasonal corps with enough supply of water through canals.
Bird's Eye View
- Euros Media
- Euros Media blog (Web Designing, Animation and Branding)
- Broadband (Services in Gulyana)
- Govt. high school(boys)
- Govt. high school(girls)
- Govt. primary school(boys)
- Govt. primary school(girls)
- Chicken & fish farming
- Vegetable & fruits farming
- Milk production animals farming
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gulyana.|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2009)|
- ^ a b c Stefan Helders. "World Gazzeteer". http://archive.is/20130210085056/http://www.world-gazetteer.com/wg.php?x=&men=gpro&lng=en&dat=32&geo=-172&srt=npan&col=aohdq&pt=a&va=x&geo=443761330. Retrieved on 2007-07-02.
- ^ Election Commission of Pakistan. "Zila, Tehsil & Town Councils Membership for Punjab". http://www.ecp.gov.pk/content/zttc/townpunjab.htm. Retrieved on 2007-07-02.
- ^ Population Census Organization, Government of Pakistan. "List of Administrative Units of Pakistan (Tehsil/Taluka)". http://www.statpak.gov.pk/depts/pco/statistics/admin_unit/admin_list_tehsil.html. Retrieved on 2007-07-02.
- ^ "Election Commission of Pakistan". http://www2.ecp.gov.pk/vsite/ElectionResult/AllResults.aspx?assemblyid=NA.
- ^ Towns & Unions in the City District of Rawalpindi
- ^ 1998 Census details - Official website of Rawalpindi District
- ^ Asia Times Online (Holdings) Ltd. "Business in Asia". http://www.atimes.com/bizasia/DB22Aa01.html. Retrieved on 2007-07-02.
- ^ Gulyana Full Info. "Gulyana". http://www.gulyana.designbing.com/ Retrieved on 2009-07-02.