|• Total||6,484.63 km2 (2,503.73 sq mi)|
|Elevation||474 m (1,555 ft)|
|• Density||123/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 7542|
|Vehicle registration||MP - 08|
|Sex ratio||910 ♂/♀|
Guna is a city and a municipality in Guna district in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is the administrative headquarters of Guna District and is located on the banks of Parbati river. The British commonly spelt the name Goona and Goonah.
In the early 18th century, Guna was conquered by the Maratha leader Ranoji Rao Scindia, and remained part of the Kingdom of Gwalior until shortly after Indian independence. Guna was administered as part of the kingdom's Isagarh District. In 1897 the Indian Midland Railway constructed a rail route passing through Guna.
Initially Guna sees to be the part of Avanti Kingdom founded by Chand Pradyota Mahesena Later on Shishusangh added the kingdom of Avant which included Guna to the growing empire of Magadha In the beginning of 18th century Chanderi was the part of Malwa and remaining portion of Guna formed the part of Raghogarh State. Later on Raghogarh was split into three state of which Garah and Dharnawada State among the three clamaints of Raghogarh family. After the great revolt of 1857, Guna district thus passed under the control of Gwalior State with Raghogarh as its mandatory chief. An assistant to the resident of Gwalior was posted at Guna which remained. an English cantonment after the year 1860. Although Guna was dejure a part of Gwalior State, but because of its British cantonment, it was considered expedient to locate the district headquarters there. Bajrangarh, about 6 miles from Guna enjoyed that privilege. In 1897 the midland railway constructed the rail route passing through Guna.After independence on 28 May 1948, Guna became the part of Madhya Bharat as one of its 16 Districts subsequently as a result of State on the formation of new Madhya Pradesh in 1956 Guna district became a part of it.
Guna is located at  It has an average elevation of 474 metres (1555 ft)..
Guna district of Madhya Pradesh is the gateway of Malwa and Chambal. It is located on the north-eastern part of Malwa Plateau. Western boundary of the District is well defined by Parbati river. Parbati is the main river flowing along the western boundary touching Rajgarh District of Madhya Pradesh, and Jhalawarh and Kota Districts of Rajasthan. Towns Shivpuri and Kota are located in north and the cities Vidisha, Bhopal, and Rajgarh lie to the South.the eastern boundary of district define by Sindh river. Nowadays Guna is connected with every city of state and many major cities of India by train and by road. Shri Madhav Rao Scindia lagislative before Jyotiraditya Scindia has made Guna one of the developed district in Madhya Pradesh. There are many trains running from Guna to Kolkata, Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Delhi, Amritsar, Jaipur, Ahemdabad,Mumbai etc. when he was railway minister and today Guna is one of the main station in Bhopal division.
As of 2011[update] India census, Guna has a population of 180,978. Males constitute 52.29% of the population and females 47.71%. Guna has an average literacy rate of 81.7%, In Guna, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Christ Senior Secondary School
- Vandana Convent Senior Secondary School
- Neiil World School
- Hindupat Public School,ragogarh
- Nalanda Convent High School, Aron
- Day Boarding Wushu Academy
- S.L. Memorial High Secondary School
- Sunrise Convent School
- Excellence School
- T.A.V. Higher Secandry School
- Primer Children Higher Secondary School
- Vardhman Higher Secondary School
- Delhi Public School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Gail Vijaipur
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Nana Khedi
- Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vihar
- Vidya Bhavan Public School
- Shanti Vidhya Mandir High School
- Modern Children Higher Secondary School
- Sonali Public School
- Presidency Higher Secondary School
- Akansha public school, cantt guna
- Govt. Degree Girls College
- Sakshi Institute of Technology and Management
- Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology
- Omkar group of college(Nursing & Paramedical)
- Maharani shivangi college of nursing
- Ramkrishna college of nursing
- Sakshi medical & nursing college Mayana, guna
- Kirmani Institute of Fire Engg. & Safety Management
- Gandhi Vocational College
- Pankaj Sogani College
- Yuva mahavidhyalya guna
- divyansh college, guna
- IITS college, guna
- Gopi sagar dam
- Singwasa park
1.) Panchmukhi Hanuman Ashram - A Very Silent & Religious Place in Vivek Colony, Guna It is a Hindu temple and is claimed to be one lord of the five strengths of Lord Hanuman. One is of Hanuman’s main face while others are of different faces as an eagle (garud), a boar (varaha), a haya-griv, a lion and a monkey. This temple is located at the foot of Guna-Gwalior railway line crossing by Guna-Ashoknagar road. It is just around 4 kilo-meters from Guna Railway station & Bus stand. It is so near to the GUNA Aerodrome (around 0.3 Kilo-meters)
Its creation was started by June, 2008 and got complete on November, 2011. The statue of Panchmukhi Hanuman was unveiled on December 14, 2011. Sri-Sri 1008 Siyaram-Das Ji Maharaj is the current Successor (Inheritor) of the ashram.
2.) Hanuman Tekri - Temple on the city's top most historic hill
An ancient temple of lord Hanuman, almost around 600 years. Visitors to this temple are not only from the same city or Guna district but also from almost all the central and northern states like Uttar-Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Punjab, Delhi and many more.
3.) Bajrang-Garh - A famous and ancient fort located in the south-west direction of Guna. Maharaja Jai Singh has given her wife this fort as a surprise on his conquer.
4.) Jainagarh - Shri 1008 Shantinath Digambar Jain Atishay Kshetra (Jainagarh) is the most famous place of Jain Community.
5.) Bees Bhuja Devi - About 8 km from the city. The deity is said to have 20 arms (thus name bees bhuja). It is said that ordinarily no one can count twenty arms of the goddess, and every time counting will give a different number. One who counts 20 arms corrently is said to have special blessings of the goddess.
- Jagat darshan takies
- Prakash takies
- Ganesh takies
- Muskan takies
- Durga takies
- Game zone,Singh tower
- Cyber cafe
- yuvraj club
Though Guna is very small nondescript town, it is still an important industrial centre. Some of the major industries are:
- National Fertilizers Limited, Vijaipur, nearly 30 km from the town on Agra-Mumbai Highway,
- Gas Authority of India Limited, Vijaipur, nearly 35 km on Agra-Mumbai Highway,
- Shubam Agro Industries, Umri Road, Nanakdi near Kendriya Vidhyala in Guna M.P,
- Raghuwanshi Construction, A.B. Road, Vip Colony Guna M.P.
- R.B.N. Computer Center, A.B. Road, New City Colony Guna M.P.
- TRUST PHARMA Jai Stambha Chowk, Guna (M.P.)9826216646
- VSPS Cyber Bhargava Colony, Guna (M.P.)
- Krishak S.S.K. Ltd Narayanpura, Raghogarh, Guna(M.P)
- VSPS PHARMA , BEHIND KAMLA BHAWAN , GUNA M.P. 9826216646
- Santusti bazar,Ashoknagar road cantt(guna)
- Kusum bazar,laxmiganj (guna)
- Bohra complex (guna)
Vivek Medical Agency
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Guna
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.