The Gunicorn "Green Unicorn" is a Python Web Server Gateway Interface HTTP Server for Unix. It is a pre-fork worker model, ported from Ruby's Unicorn project. The Gunicorn server is broadly compatible with a number of web application frameworks, simply implemented, light on server resources and fairly fast.
- Natively supports WSGI, web2py, Django and Paster
- Automatic worker process management
- Simple Python configuration
- Multiple worker configurations
- Various server hooks for extensibility
- Compatible with Python 2.x >= 2.5
This article incorporates text from this source, which is licensed under CC-BY 3.0.