Gunslinger (TV series)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Picture format||Black and white (1961)|
|Original run||February 9, 1961 – June 3, 1961|
Gunslinger was a Western television series starring Tony Young that aired on the CBS television network from February 9 until May 18, 1961 on Thursdays from 9 to 10 p.m. EST. The series theme song was sung by Frankie Laine.
Young played Cord, a young gunfighter who works undercover for the local army garrison commander, acting as a secret law enforcement agent in the territory. The series lasted for only twelve episodes.
Gunslinger was the successor to Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theater.
- Tony Young as Cord
- Preston Foster as Capt. Zachary Wingate
- Charles Gray as Pico McGuire
- Dee Pollock as Billy Urchin
- Midge Ware as Amby Hollister
- John M. Pickard as Sgt. Major Murdock
- McNeil, Alex. Total Television (1996). New York: Penguin Books ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Brooks, Tim and Marsh, Earle, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows (1999). New York: Ballantine Books ISBN 0-345-42923-0