From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Guntha)
Gunta also Guntha is a measure of area. This unit is typically used to measure the size of a piece of land.
- 40 Gunthas = 1.0 Acre
- 4 Acre = 1 fg
Other units were used alongside Imperial measures
- 1 Anna = 20.16 sq yd
- 6 Anna = 1 Guntha = 120 square yard
- 4 Guntha = 1 Jareeb = 484 square yard
- 4 Jareeb = 1 Kanee = 1936 square yard
- 10 Jareeb = 1 Acre = 4840 square yard
- 25 Acres = 1 Marabba
- "About 1 lb. of seed per guntha (one-fortieth acre) is sown broadcast on the seed bed." Watt, George (1908). The Commercial Products of India. London: John Murray. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- World Weights and Measures: Handbook for Statistians. New York: United Nations. 1966. p. 79.
|This standards- or measurement-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|