GB standards are the Chinese national standards issued by the Standardization Administration of China (SAC), the Chinese National Committee of the ISO and IEC. GB stands for Guobiao (simplified Chinese: 国标; traditional Chinese: 國標; pinyin: Guóbiāo), Chinese for national standard.
Mandatory standards are prefixed "GB". Recommended standards are prefixed "GB/T" (T from Chinese language 推荐 tuījiàn, "recommended"). A standard number follows "GB" or "GB/T".
GB standards are the basis for the product testing which products must undergo during the China Compulsory Certificate (CCC) certification. If there is no corresponding GB Standard, CCC is not required.
A non-exhaustive list of National Standards of the People's Republic of China is listed as follows, accompanied with similar international standards of ISO, marked as identical (IDT), equivalent (EQV), or non-equivalent (NEQ).
|GB 2099.1‐2008||AC power mains plugs and sockets|
|GB 1002‐2008||AC power mains plugs and sockets|
|GB 2312-1980||Code of Chinese graphic character set for information interchange, primary set; see also GBK, a common extension of GB 2312|
|GB 3100-1993||EQV ISO 1000:1992||SI units and recommendations for the use of their multiples and of certain other units|
|GB 3101-1993||EQV ISO 31-0:1992||General principles concerning quantities, units and symbols|
|GB 3259-1992||Transliterating rules of Chinese phonetic alphabet on titles for books and periodicals in Chinese|
|GB 3304-1991||Names of nationalities of China in romanization with codes|
|GB 5768-2009||Road traffic signs and markings|
|GB 6513-1986||Character set for bibliographic information interchange on mathematical coding of characters|
|GB 7714-1987||Descriptive rules for bibliographic references|
|GB 8045-1987||Mongolian 7-bit and 8-bit coded graphic character sets for information processing interchange|
|GB 12050-1989||Information processing – Uighur coded graphic character sets for information interchange|
|GB 12052-1989||Korean character coded character sets for information interchange|
|GB 12200.1-1990||Chinese information processing – Vocabulary – Part 1: Fundamental terms|
|GB 13000.1-1993||IDT ISO/IEC 10646.1:1993||Information Technology – Universal multiple-octet coded character set (UCS) – Part 1: Architecture and basic multilingual plane|
|GB 14887-2003||Road traffic signals|
|GB 18030-2005||Information technology – Chinese ideograms coded character set for information interchange – Extension for the basic set|
|GB 500011-2001||Civil engineering – Code for seismic design of buildings|
|GB 50223-2008||Civil engineering – Standard for classification of seismic protection of building constructions|
|Recommended standards||GB/T 148-1997||NEQ ISO 216:1975||Writing paper and certain classes of printed matter—Trimmed sizes-A and B series|
|GB/T 1988-1998||EQV ISO/IEC 646:1991||Information technology—7-bit coded character set for information interchange|
|GB/T 2311-2000||IDT ISO/IEC 2022:1994||Information technology – Character code structure and extension techniques|
|GB/T 2260-2007||Codes for the administrative divisions of the People's Republic of China|
|GB/T 2261-1980||None but similar with ISO 5218||Codes for sexual distinction of human beings|
|GB/T 2659-2000||EQV ISO 3166-1:1997||Codes for the representation of names of countries and regions|
|GB/T 4880-1991||EQV ISO 639:1988||Codes for the representation of names of languages|
|GB/T 4880.2-2000||EQV ISO 639-2:1998||Codes for the representation of names of languages—Part 2: Alpha-3 code|
|GB/T 4881-1985||Code of Chinese languages|
|GB/T 5795-2002||EQV ISO 2108:1992||China standard book numbering|
|GB/T 7408-1994||EQV ISO 8601:1988||Data elements and interchange formats—Information interchange—Representation of dates and times|
|GB/T 7589-1987||Code of Chinese ideogram set for information interchange – 2nd supplementary set|
|GB/T 7590-1987||Code of Chinese ideogram set for information interchange – 4th supplementary set|
|GB/T 12200.2-1994||Chinese information processing – Vocabulary – Part 2: Chinese and Chinese character|
|GB/T 12345-1990||Code of Chinese graphic character set for information interchange, supplementary set|
|GB/T 12406-1996||IDT ISO 4217:1990||Codes for the representation of currencies and funds|
|GB/T 13131-1991||Code of Chinese ideogram set for information interchange – The 3rd supplementary set|
|GB/T 13132-1991||Code of Chinese ideogram set for information interchange – The 5th supplementary set|
|GB/T 13134-1991||Yi coded character set for information interchange|
|GB/T 15273||IDT ISO/IEC 8859||Information processing—8-bit single-byte coded graphic character sets|
|GB/T 15834-2011||Use of punctuation marks|
|GB/T 15835-1995||General rules for writing numerals in publications|
|GB/T 16159-1996||Basic rules for Hanyu Pinyin Orthography|
|GB/T 16831-1997||IDT ISO 6709:1983||Standard representation of latitude, longitude and altitude for geographic point locations|
|GB/T 17742-1999||China Seismic Intensity Scale, or liedu|
|GB/T 19000-2000||IDT ISO 9000:2000||Quality management systems—Fundamentals and vocabulary|
|GB/T 24001-1996||IDT ISO 14001:1996||Environmental management systems—Specification with guidance for use|
|GB/T 20542-2006||Tibetan Coded Character Set Extension A|
|GB/T 22238-2008||Tibetan Coded Character Set Extension B|
Changes are made frequently within the regulatory system of Chinese GB Standards. New standards are released, existing standards are changed or updated. In 2014, GB Standard 15084-2013 for rear view mirrors  as well as GB Standard 14166:2013 (“Safety-belts, restraint systems, child restraint systems and ISOFIX child restraint systems for occupants of power-driven vehicles”) will be revised and implemented. Above that, GB Standard 27887-2011 “Restraining devices for child occupants of power-driven vehicles” will become mandatory.
- China Compulsory Certificate
- China Food and Drug Administration
- Chinese National Standards, used in the Republic of China
- Vietnam Standards
- Other meanings of Guóbiāo:
- XU, Zhengzhong; WANG, Yayong et al. (徐正忠、王亚勇等) (2001 (partially revised in 2008)). 《建筑抗震设计规范》（GB 500011－2001） [Code for seismic design of buildings (GB 500011-2001)] (in Chinese). Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of PRC (MOHURD, 中华人民共和国住房和城乡建设部). Retrieved 2008-09-29.
- WANG, Yayong; DAI, Guoying (王亚勇 戴国莹) et al. (2008-07-30). 建筑工程抗震设防分类标准 [Standard for classification of seismic protection of building constructions] (MS Word) (in Chinese). General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and Ministry of Housing ande Urban-Rural Development (MOHURD) of PRC. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "CCC: New GB Standard 15084-2013 for rear view mirrors on the verge of introduction". China Certification. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "CCC certification for child safety seats in motor vehicles will be mandatory". China Certification. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "CQC: New CQC Safety Certification for Child Restraint Systems". China Certification. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "What is China CCC". China Certification. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Standardization Administration (in simplified Chinese and English), China: Government
- "Automotive GB Standards". China Certification. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Impartiality Statement". China Quality Certification Centre. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "CNCA Administration" (in Chinese). CNCA. 2006-09-03. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- Chinese GB Standards for download, USA: ANSI.
- "CHINA Automotive Standards".