|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2007)|
Extracts from Guru Granth Sahib are called Gutkas (small books) containing sections of Gurbani. These Gutkas can vary from just a few pages to hundreds of pages and are used by the Sikhs to read these Banis on a daily basis.
The Banis: Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav-Parsad Savaiye, Chaupai Sahib and Anand Sahib should be read before sunrise daily according to the Sikh Rehat Maryada. These are recited by initiated Sikhs in the early morning (before 6am). Rehras Sahib is read in the evening (at sunset) and Kirtan Sohila before going to sleep at night.
- 1,2,4,6,8: part of Guru Granth Sahib.
- 3,5a, 5b,7: all compiled by the tenth Guru of the Sikhs called Guru Gobind Singh Ji and part of Dasam Granth.
- The Bani of Guru Gobind Singh ji
- Guide to Banis and select writings
- Read Gurbani Online at Gurbani.org
- Pronunciation, Discussion and English/Punjabi Translations of Gurbani at Khojgurbani.org