The summit of the Gurten
|Elevation||858 m (2,815 ft)|
|Prominence||215 m (705 ft)|
The Gurten is a mountain situated just to the south of Bern, the capital city of Switzerland. It is 858 metres (2,815 ft) high, and the summit yields views of Bern, of the Jura mountains and of the Alps.
Facilities on the Gurten include a hotel, restaurants, a 25-metre-high (82 ft) viewing tower and a children's playground. Winter sports facilities are available in winter. The Gurtenfestival, a music festival, is held every year in the middle of July.
- Retrieved from the Swisstopo topographic map. The key col is located south of the mountain at 643 metres.
- "Gurten - Bern’s Local Mountain - Switzerland Tourism". www.myswitzerland.com. Retrieved 2010-01-22.
- "Gurten - park in a natural setting - Bern's dream mountain - Switzerland Tourism". www.myswitzerland.com. Retrieved 2010-01-22.
- "Gurtenpark - Welcome". Gurtenpark Bern. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Gurtenfestival - History". Gurtenfestival AG. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "GB - Gurten Bahn". Funimag. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- Media related to Gurten at Wikimedia Commons
- Official web site of The Gurten
- Photo of The Gurten on Panoramio