Jonas Gustaf Samuel Aspelin (5 February 1857 – 8 May 1917) was a Swedish-Norwegian engineer, wholesaler and consul.
In 1883 he married Elisa Holmboe (1865–1926), a daughter of Jens Anton Holmboe (1828–92) and Karen Dorothea Biørn (1830–70). His wife was a granddaughter of Leonhard Christian Borchgrevink Holmboe, half-sister of Carl Fredrik Holmboe and first cousin of Cornelius Holmboe. The couple had the son Jonas Aspelin, who at Gustaf's death took over the family company, later with another son Knut as partner. Their daughter Karen married mayor of Kristianstad Ragnar Sommar Bruzelius.
Aspelin studied at Filipstads Bergskola from 1876 to 1877. From 1878 he worked as engineer at Lesjöfors Bruk, and represented the company in Christiania from 1881. After settling in Christiania he founded a trade company which came to be one of Norway's largest companies in the construction business. The company imported iron and steel products from Swedish producers. Aspelin obtained Norwegian citizenship in 1888. In 1907 he became the first Swedish consul in Kristiania, and was appoined Consul General from 1911. His company merged with Stormbull in 1978 to form Aspelin-Stormbull.
Aspelin was a co-founder and chairman of the society Svenska Sällskapet. He was the first chairman of the board of Svenska Kyrkoföreningen. He was decorated as a Knight, First Class of the Order of Vasa and a Knight of the Order of the Polar Star. He was a freemason.
- Schou, Gustav A. "Gustaf Aspelin". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- See the family genealogy at vestraat.net
- "Kjent Oslo-firma 50 år". Aftenposten Aften (in Norwegian). 28 October 1931. p. 3.
- "Bruzelius, Ragnar Sommar". Vem är det? Svensk biografisk handbok 1943 (in Swedish) (16th ed.). Stockholm: P. A. Norstedt & Söners Förlag. 1942. p. 130. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Gustav Samuel Aspelin". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Historikk" (in Norwegian). Norsk Stål. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Generalkonsul Gustaf Aspelin". Aftenposten Aften (in Norwegian). 8 May 1917. p. 1.