Gustaf Otto Stenbock
Count Gustaf Otto Stenbock (7 September 1614 – 24 September 1685) was a Swedish soldier and politician.
He was appointed head of Kronobergs regemente in 1637, Major General in 1643, Privy Councilor in 1652, Field Marshal in 1656, under the terms of the Treaty of Roskilde in 1658 became Governor General of Scania, Halland and Blekinge, Lord High Admiral in 1664, and Chancellor of Lund University in 1666. He was deposed as admiral by King Charles XI of Sweden in 1675.
22 July 1645 married 1stly Baroness Brita Horn of Åminne (died 1685).
- Count Gustaf Stenbock (1646–1672)
- Beata Stenbock (died 1648)
- Sigrid Stenbock (died 1648)
- Christina Katharina Stenbock (1649–1719), married Swedish statesman and Governor-General of Estonia Anders Torstenson.
- Magdalena Katharina Stenbock (1652–1676), married Gustaf Mauritz Lewenhaupt (1651–1700), son of Gustaf Adolf Lewenhaupt
- Count Carl Otto Stenbock (1653–1697), married baroness Margareta Soop of Limingo
1 June 1658 married 2ndly Gothenburg countess Christina Catharine De la Gardie (1632–1704), daughter of Field Marshal and Count Jakob De la Gardie (1583–1652) and Countess Ebba Brahe (1596–1674) in Göteborg and bought one of the largest estate in the Baltic area (Kolga manor, Kuusalu Parish) in Estonia from De la Gardie family with a land of 500 km².
- Brigitta Stenbock (1660–1682)
- Beata Margareta Stenbock (1661–1735), married count Gustaf Douglas (1648–1705)
- Count Erich Gustaf Stenbock (1662–1722), married Countess Johanna Eleonora De la Gardie (1661–1708)
- Count Jakob Stenbock
- Count Magnus Stenbock (1663–1717), Swedish military officer, married Eva Magdalena Oxenstierna
- Hedvig Eleonora Stenbock (1664–1729), 1684 married Freiherr Lorentz Creutz d.y.(1646–1698).
- Charlotta Maria Stenbock (1667–1740), married count Axel Johan Lewenhaupt (1660–1717).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gustaf Otto Stenbock.|
- Worldroots.com - The Descendants of Gustaf I Eriksson, King of Sweden
- Gustaf Otto Stenbock (Gustavsson) Swedish
- Stenbock family tree at Ancestry.com community
- Gustaf Otto Stenbock family
- Portrait, 1729: Gustavus Otto Stenbock
|This article about a Swedish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to the military of Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article of a European noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|