Gustavus Hamilton-Russell, 10th Viscount Boyne
He was the son of Hon. Gustavus Lascelles Hamilton-Russell, oldest son of Gustavus Hamilton-Russell, 9th Viscount Boyne, and his wife Joan Verena Lloyd-Verney (1908–1938), only daughter of Sir Harry Lloyd-Verney by his wife Lady Joan Cuffe, elder daughter of Hamilton Cuffe, 5th Earl of Desart. His father having died of wounds received at the Western Front in 1940, he succeeded his grandfather as viscount two years later. Boyne was educated at Eton College and went then to the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst. He studied later at the Royal Agricultural College.
Boyne was commissioned into the Grenadier Guards in 1952 and retired as lieutenant. In 1961, he was nominated Justice of the Peace for Shropshire and in 1965, a Deputy Lieutenant for the same county. He became director of the National Westminster Bank in 1976, leaving in 1990. Boyne was appointed a Lord-in-Waiting in 1981 and Lord Lieutenant of Shropshire in 1994, holding both posts until his death in 1995. Boyne was a Knight of the Venerable Order of Saint John, and in the latter year he was also awarded a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order.
On 11 April 1956, he married Rosemary Anne Stucley, second daughter of Sir Dennis Stucley, 5th Baronet. They had three daughters and a son. Boyne died aged 64, only days after his birthday and was succeeded in the viscountcy by his only son Gustavus.
- "Leigh Rayment - Peerage". Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- "ThePeerage - Gustavus Michael George Hamilton-Russell, 10th Viscount Boyne". Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- "Blue Blood in Flanders". Time Magazine. 17 June 1940. Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- Who is Who 1963. London: Adam & Charles Black Ltd. 1963. p. 380.
- The London Gazette: . 3 July 1981. Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- "Institute of Historical Research - Lord-Lieutenants of Counties (England & Wales) 1974-". Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- The London Gazette: . 16 June 1995. Retrieved 6 May 2009.
Sir John Dugdale
|Lord Lieutenant of Shropshire
Algernon Eustace Heber-Percy
|Peerage of Ireland|