Gutteridge Wood and Meadows
Gutteridge Wood and Meadows is a Local Nature Reserve (LNR) in Yeading in the London Borough of Hillingdon, which is owned by Hillingdon Council and managed by the London Wildlife Trust (LWT). It is also part of the Yeading Brook Meadows Site of Metropolitan Importance for Nature Conservation, which includes two neighbouring reserves managed by the LWT, Ten Acre Wood and Yeading Brook Meadows LNRs.
The site is a mosaic of woods and meadows, bisected by Yeading Brook. The trees are principally oak, with some ash and silver birch. The northern edge of the meadow has a variety of wild flowers. Birds include kestrels, great spotted woodpeckers and kingfishers.
The boundary of the LNR is unclear. The LWT map and one on the Natural England information page show an area east of Lyndhurst Crescent and south of Western Avenue, but the Natural England 'MAGIC' map shows the site as 'Yeading Woods LNR', and including part of Ten Acre Wood.
There is access to the part of the site south of Yeading Brook from Lyndhurst Crescent and by a footpath from Ten Acre Wood.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gutteridge Wood and Meadows.|
- "Yeading Woods (inc Gutteridge Wood)". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. 8 March 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Yeading Brook Meadows". Greenspace Information for Greater London. 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "iGiGL data portal (map)". Greenspace Information for Greater London. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Gutteridge Wood and Meadows". London Wildlife Trust. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Map of Yeading Woods". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Gutteridge Wood". London Wildlife Trust.