|Headquarters||Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia|
|Founder(s)||Claes Loberg, Brad Christensen, Darren Herft|
|Alexa rank||110,337(March 2015[update])|
|Available in||20 countries|
|Native client(s) on||Windows Phone, Android, iOS|
Guvera is an online music streaming service founded in 2008. Guvera is available on Web Browsers, iOS, Android and the Windows Phone. Guvera has agreements with the music labels in the regions where the product is available, which allows for legal free music streams.
Guvera streams music for its users and has signed licensing agreements with Universal Music Group, EMI, Orchard, INgrooves, IODA, Mushroom/Liberation, Shock Records, Valleyarm; in addition to the rights bodies APRA, AMCOS, BMI, RightsFlow, and SESAC. Guvera distributes DRM Free MP3 downloads in 256kbs and 320kps format. Guvera is also a targeted advertising platform, which targets ads at relevant music genres. Content can be downloaded and streamed via branded channels from within Guvera’s platform, and the advertisers have a role in the selecting music content.
Guvera was initially funded by AMMA Private Investment out of Australia. Guvera raised about $50m from its base of about 1000 smaller sophisticated investors primarily made up of accounting firms and other financial services businesses. Guvera was incorporated in 2008, and launched beta in Australia February 2010, and in the US March, 2010. Guvera was initially released as a beta to a select group of users by invitation only.
On August 2011, Guvera appointed Phil Quartararo as its Global Head of Music. In September 2011 Guvera moved into new headquarters in The Rocket in Robina, Gold Coast, Australia. In March 2012, Guvera created a mobile platform and in December 2012, Guvera released mobile apps for IOS and Android in Australia. An iPad app was then released in August 2013. In March 2014, Guvera signed an agreement with Lenovo to become its worldwide music partner, with Guvera’s music streaming service pre-installed onto Lenovo mobile devices.
- "Guvera.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Billboard.biz Q&A: Guvera CEO Claes Loberg". Billboard.biz by Glenn Peoples, Nashville. 2010-04-10. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- Paul Cashmere (2011-08-12). "Former Virgin Boss Phil Quartararo Joins Guvera". Undercover. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Universal Music Group (UMG) Partners With Guvera Limited for 2010 Launch of Guvera.com". Universal Music Group, New York. 2009-11-18. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Guvera Limited Signs Deals With EMI Music & IODA for 2010 US Launch". EMI Music. NEW YORK. 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Business Matters: Guvera, Google, EMI, Pitchfork and more.". Billboard. By Glenn Peoples. 2010-07-08. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Ad-Supported Guvera To Launch in U.S. on March 30". Billboard.biz By Glenn Peoples. 2010-02-19. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Guvera Inks Oz Deal With Liberation". Billboard.biz by Lars Brandle. 2010-06-02. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- "Guvera Taps RightsFlow For Publishing, Licensing, and Administration Services". RightsFlow. New York. 2010-04-01. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Ad-Supported Guvera To Launch in U.S. on March 30". Billboard.biz. By Glenn Peoples. 2010-02-19. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Andrew McMillen (2010-03-29). "Aussie online service Guvera offers guilt-free MP3 downloads". The Vine. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- "Aussie firm Guvera steps up operations as it takes on iTunes". The Courier-Mail. By Phil Bartsch. 2011-09-30. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Guvera Raises $20M For Stealthy Brand-Supported Music And Video Service.". TechCrunch. By Robin Wauters. 2010-01-18. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Music-with-ads start-up Guvera to list in US". The Australian. By Andrew Colley. 2012-03-29. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- "Ad-Supported Guvera Launches Down Under". Billboard.biz. 2010-02-02. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Ad-Supported Guvera To Launch in U.S. on March 30". Billboard.biz. 2010-02-19. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Queensland entrepreneurs take out top honours". Ernst & Young. 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Free, Ad-Supported Music... With a Twist". Wired By Eliot Van Buskirk. 2010-10-18. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Paul Cashmere. (2011-08-12). "Former Virgin Boss Phil Quartararo Joins Guvera". Undercover. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Australian online music start-up goes mobile". Australian IT. By Andrew Colley. 2012-29-30. Retrieved 2012-03-30. Check date values in:
- "Australia’s Guvera Offers Free Streaming Music On Android And iOS Devices". Gizmodo Australia. By Angus Kidman. 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "Music-streaming service Guvera looks beyond the digital jukebox with re-engineered User Interface and unlimited free content". Campaign Brief by Tyler Brockington. 2013-10-24. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "Guvera scores grandstand streaming deal with Lenovo". The Australian by Supratim Adhikari. 2014-03-04. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- Glenday, John (26 January 2015). "Tesco sells Blinkbox Music to Guvera". The Drum. Retrieved 28 January 2015.