|Guy Brownlow DSO DL|
|Born||26 December 1883|
|Died||19 January 1960(aged 76)|
|Commands held||Rifle Brigade (Prince Consort's Own)|
|Battles/wars||First World War|
|Awards||Distinguished Service Order|
He was commissioned into the Rifle Brigade (Prince Consort's Own) in 1903. Brownlow became a captain in 1913. He fought in the First World War and was mentioned in dispatches three times. In 1915, he was decorated as a Companion of the Distinguished Service Order. Following the war, Brownlow left the army with the rank of colonel. He was High Sheriff of County Down in 1945 and held the office of Deputy Lieutenant in County Down in 1946.
Brownlow married Elinor Scott, the daughter of Colonel George Scott, on 19 August 1920. They had three children:
- Colonel William Stephen Brownlow (b.1921)
- James Chrsitie Brownlow (b.1922)
- Anne Brownlow (b.1928), married Gerald Spring Rice, 6th Baron Monteagle of Brandon
Brownlow lived at Portaferry, County Down until his death in 1960.
- London Gazette, 12 June 1908 http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/28146/pages/4325/page.pdf
- London Gazette, 23 January 1914 http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/28795/pages/603/page.pdf