Wilfrid Guy Sanderson was Anglican Bishop of Plymouth from 1962 to 1972.
He was born on 17 August 1905 and educated at Malvern and Merton College, Oxford. After ordination he was a curate at Farnborough, Hampshire and then priest in charge of St Aidan’s Aldershot. After this he had incumbencies at Woodham, Surrey, Alton, Hampshire, Silverton, Devon and finally (before his ordination to the episcopate) Barnstaple where he was also archdeacon of the region. He died on 22 July 1988.
- ^ Torbay & District Organists' Association – St Petroc, South Brent
- ^ The Times, 26 June 1962, p. 14, "Ecclesiastical News: Next Bishop Of Plymouth"
- ^ “Who was Who” 1897–2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- ^ Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- ^ History of Aldershot churches
- ^ Who was Who (ibid)