Guy St. Clair
Guy St. Clair (born 1940) is an American librarian and knowledge management professional. He founded the One-Person Librarian newsletter, coining the term "one-person librarian", now referred to as solo librarianship. He is a past-president (1991–1992) of the Special Libraries Association (SLA). He was awarded SLA’s Professional Award in 1989 and was named to SLA's Hall of Fame in 2010. He is currently the president and consulting specialist for knowledge services for SMR International.
In addition to his work with SMR, International, Guy St. Clair is a lecturer and special adviser to the M.S. in Information and Knowledge Strategy program at Columbia University in New York, NY.
His book SLA at 100: From “Putting Knowledge to Work” to Building the Knowledge Culture. traces the history of the SLA. In the last two chapters and epilogue of the book, St. Clair offers his opinions and predictions about the role of specialized librarianship for the future, emphasizing the service-delivery connections between specialized librarianship and knowledge management.
- St. Clair, Guy (2009). SLA at 100: From "Putting Knowledge to Work" to Building the Knowledge Culture. Washington, DC: Special Libraries Association. ISBN 0-87111-559-X
- St. Clair, Guy (2002). Beyond Degrees: Professional Learning for Knowledge Services. Walter de Gruyter. ISBN 3-598-24369-3
- St. Clair, Guy (1999). Change Management in Action: The InfoManage Interviews. Special Libraries Association. ISBN 0-87111-500-X
- St. Clair, Guy; Berner, Andrew (1996). The Best of OPL II: Five Years of The One-Person Library, 1989-1994. Washington, DC: Special Libraries Association. ISBN 0-87111-438-0
- St. Clair, Guy (1996). Entrepreneurial Librarianship: The Key to Effective Information Services Management. London and New Brunswick, NJ: Bowker-Saur. ISBN 1-85739-014-8
- St. Clair, Guy (1994). Power and Influence: Enhancing Information Services within the Organization. New York, New York: Bowker-Saur. ISBN 1-85739-098-9
- St. Clair, Guy (1993). Customer Service in the Information Environment. New York, New York: Bowker-Saur. ISBN 1-85739-004-0
- St. Clair, Guy; Williamson, Joan (1992). Managing the New One-Person Library.. New York, New York: Bowker-Saur. ISBN 0-86291-630-5
- St. Clair, Guy (1991). A Venerable and Cherished Institution: The University Club of New York 1865-1990. New York, NY: University Club of New York
- St. Clair, Guy; Williamson, Joan (1986). Managing the One-Person Library. London and New Brunswick, NJ: Bowker-Saur. ISBN 0-685-39253-8
- Wilson, Terrie L. (6 Nov 2003). The twenty-first century art librarian. Routledge. p. 42. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- Newcomb, Doug (Sep 2003). "Knowledge services and SLA's history: An interview with Guy St. Clair". Information Outlook 7 (9): 16–19.
- St.Clair, Guy (Jan–Feb 2009). "SLA at 100: Connecting our Past to the Future". Information Outlook 13 (1): 24–26;28–29.