Gwitha Ifwersen Shand (31 July 1904 – 11 December 1962) was a New Zealand swimmer, who competed in two events at the 1924 Summer Olympics in Paris. In the 100m freestyle she eliminated in the semi-finals. In the final of the 400m freestyle she did not finish. Shand and fellow swimmer Clarrie Heard caught colds before the Olympics and neither was able to swim at their best, Shand in particular having trouble breathing during her races.
- Sports Reference: Biography of Gwitha Shand
- New Zealand Olympic Committee: Gwitha Shand Profile
- Sports Reference - Swimming at the 1924 Paris Summer Games:Women's 100 metres Freestyle Semi-Finals
- Sports Reference - Swimming at the 1924 Paris Summer Games:Women's 400 metres Freestyle Final
- Ron Palenski & Terry Maddaford: The Games Auckland: Moa Publications Ltd. ISBN 0-908570-62-7