Gwyn Davies (rugby)
|Full name||Eiryn Gwynne Davies|
|Born||23 June 1908
|Died||14 July 1992
Davies was born in Aberkenfig, and played representative level rugby union (RU) for Wales, and at club level for Cardiff RFC, as a Wing, i.e. number 11 or 14, and played representative level rugby league (RL) for Great Britain (non-Test matches), and Wales, and at club level for Wigan, as a Centre, i.e. number 3 or 5, he died in Wigan aged 84.
Gwyn Davies won 3 caps for Wales (RU) in 1932–1935 while at Cardiff RFC in 1928 against France, in 1929 against England, and in 1930 against Scotland, and won 3 caps, all against England, for Wales (RL) while at Wigan.
Gwyn Davies was selected for Great Britain while at Wigan for the 1936 Great Britain Lions tour of Australia and New Zealand.
Rugby Football League Championship final appearances
Gwyn Davies played Centre, i.e. number 4, and scored a try in Wigan's 15–3 victory over Salford in the 1933–34 Rugby Football League Championship final at Wilderspool Stadium, Warrington on Saturday 28 April 1934 .
Rugby League County Cup final appearances
Notable tour matches
Davies' middle name is stated as Gwyn on rugbyleagueproject.org, scrum.com, and wru.co.uk, and stated as Gwynne on wigan.rlfans.com.
- "Gwyn Davies". ESPN Scrum. Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- Williams, Graham; Lush, Peter; Farrar, David (2009). The British Rugby League Records Book. London League. pp. 108–114. ISBN 978-1-903659-49-6.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1933–1934 Championship Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1938–1939 Lancashire Cup Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1934 Tour Match: Wigan 30 France 27". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.