|• Total||320 km2 (120 sq mi)|
|• Land||290.85 km2 (112.30 sq mi)|
|• Water||29.15 km2 (11.25 sq mi)|
|Area as of January 1, 2014.|
|Population (December 31, 2013)|
|• Density||49/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
The present municipality was formed in 1969 through the merger of "old" Höör with the municipalities of Norra Frosta, Snogeröd and Tjörnarp parish from the dissolved Sösdala Municipality.
There are six localities in the municipality. Population as of December 31, 2005.
|4||Ormanäs och Stanstorp||422|
|5||Ljungstorp och Jägersbo||384|
A small part of Löberöd is also within Höör Municipality.
Höör Municipality credits itself by being different from the rest of Scania: Apart from agricultural areas, Höör Municipality also has several forests and the lake Ringsjön. Ringsjön is the second largest lake in Skåne County and covers some 40 km², about three times the size of the town of Höör.
The two main attractions of the municipality that draw visitors are the zoological garden Skånes Djurpark, and the Bosjökloster Castle established in the 12th century. The castle is situated in a scenic location in a cape in the lake Ringsjön; the zoological garden is situated just north of the town of Höör.
Sights in the town proper are few in the little town with its 7,000 inhabitants, but it has a large 12th-century church, with a north transept from 1769 (an unusual date for Skåne churches) and a 19th-century tower, along with some picturesque older houses. A peaceful place, the typical Höör house is one or two storeys tall, with no large streets. Adding to the picturesque image are two centrally located small ponds with densely foliaged trees and bushes surrounding them, which increases in thickness until they unite with the forests surrounding the town.
From January 1, 2006 Höör Municipality contains two parishes, Höör parish, incorporating the old parishes Hallaröd, Höör, Norra Rörum, and Munkarp, and parts of Ringsjö parish (the old parishes Bosjökloster and Gudmuntorp). Ringsjö parish also includes the old Hurva parish, which is in Eslöv Municipality. There are thus six former parish churches:
- Bosjökloster (12th century Romanesque, former abbey church, by Bosjökloster Castle)
- Gudmuntorp (1860, replacing 12th-century church)
- Hallaröd (late 12th century Romanesque, extended in the 19th century, late Gothic chalk paintings)
- Höör (late 12th century Romanesque, 19th-century tower, important Romanesque baptismal font)
- Norra Rörum (ca 1200, Romanesque, separate 18th century steeple, large burial chapel from the 1770s)
- Munkarp (1884, but contains baptismal font and pulpit from older church)
Twin towns — Sister cities
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "SCB, Befolkningsstatistik 31 December 2013" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved April 2014.
- 1: written brochure HöörGuide (2005), and a tourist map (2005), from the Tourist Information in Höör.