H. Arnold Steinberg
|H. Arnold Steinberg|
H. Arnold Steinberg in 2013
May 12, 1933 |
|Known for||Businessman and Chancellor of McGill University|
Born in Montreal, Quebec, the son of Nathan (the brother of Sam Steinberg) and Annie Steinberg, Steinberg received a Bachelor of Commerce degree from McGill University in 1954 and a Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School in 1957. In 1957, he started working at Dominion Securities Corp. Ltd. before joining Steinberg Inc. in 1958. He would remain at the company until 1989 and was Chief Financial Officer.
In 1993, he was made a Member of the Order of Canada in recognition for having "supported many of Montréal's charitable and cultural institutions". In 2000, he was awarded an honorary doctorate from McGill University.
He is married to Dr. Blema Steinberg, a Professor Emeritus of McGill University. They have three children: Margot, Donna and Adam.
- Peggy Curran (May 14, 2009). "Steinberg named McGill chancellor". Montreal Gazette. "Steinberg, who celebrated his 76th birthday Tuesday"
- "Arnold Steinberg named Chancellor of McGill". McGill University.
- Elizabeth Lumley (2004). Canadian Who's Who. University of Toronto Press. p. 1241.
- "Members of Governing Council and Minutes of GC Meetings". Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
- "Order of Canada citation".