H. G. Wells' The War of the Worlds (comics)
H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds is a comic adaptation of H. G. Wells' The War of the Worlds by Ian Edginton and D'Israeli. The same team earlier created the comic Scarlet Traces, and several characters from it can be seen in this series, as well as this series reusing the designs of the Martians and their machines.
In July 2006, Pendragon Pictures announced in a press release that the comic possessed visual similarities to Pendragon's film H. G. Wells' The War of the Worlds. Pendragon set up a website poll showing image comparisons. In April 2008, the company publicly announced the legal settlement of the matter, stating it "apologizes for any misconception its press release or later internet poll may have caused."
- H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds (with Ian Edginton and D'Israeli, Dark Horse, 72 pages, 2006 ISBN 1-59307-474-3)
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume II, Alan Moore's comic series which deals with the War of the Worlds setting.
- War of the Worlds: Second Wave, a comic book by Michael Alan Nelson and Chee for Boom! Studios, in which cold-resistant Martians return.
- List of steampunk works
- List of comics based on fiction
- Olson, Kevin Noel (July 31, 2006). "Pendragon Tries to Start War of the Worlds With Dark Horse". Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Pendragon Pictures Official Web page". Archived from the original on 2008-04-24. Retrieved 2010-08-09. Announcement of settlement on homepage.
- War of the Worlds eComic
- Dark Horse page
- War of the Worlds comic at War of the Worlds.co.uk
- War of the Worlds comic annotations
|This Dark Horse Comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|