|Traded as||BSE: 500179, NSE: HCL-INSYS|
|Key people||Ajai Chowdhry (Non-executive Chairman)|
|Services||IT and outsourcing services|
|Revenue||11024.14 crore (US$1.8 billion) (June 2010-June 2011)|
|Operating income||256.58 crore (US$41 million) (June 2010-June 2011)|
|Net income||177.23 crore (US$28 million) (June 2010-June 2011)|
|Employees||6,500 (Q4 2010)|
HCL Infosystem, (BSE: 500179, NSE: HCL-INSYS) a listed subsidiary of HCL, is an India-based hardware and systems integrator with a focus on emerging markets. It has a presence in 170 cities and 505 points of presence reaching 4000 towns throughout India and operations in emerging markets including South Asia, Middle East & Africa. It has a strong distribution network of 93,000 outlets in over 9,000 towns in India. Its manufacturing facilities are based in Chennai, Puducherry and Uttarakhand. It is headquartered at Noida.
HCL Infosystems Ltd was founded in 1976. HCL Peripherals, a sub-unit founded in 1983, is a manufacturer of computer peripherals in India of Display Products, Thin Client solutions, Information and Interactive Kiosks and Networking products & Solutions. HCL Peripherals has two Manufacturing facilities, one in Puducherry (Electronics) and the other in Chennai (Mechanical). The company has been given ISO:27001 certifications.
HCL TAC(Technical Assistance Centre) was started to give support to customers, at Puducherry.
The company operates under three primary segments namely Computer Systems and related products and services, Telecommunication & Office Automation and Internet and related services.
- Computer Systems and related products and services: The segment operations consist of manufacturing of computer hardware systems, providing comprehensive Systems Integration, Roll out and Infrastructure Management solutions in different industry verticals, providing IT services including maintenance & facility management and ICT training. The subsidiary HCL Insys Pte Limited, Singapore and its step down subsidiary HCL Infosystems MEA, Dubai along with its subsidiaries form part of the Computer Systems segment.
- Telecommunication & Office Automation: The segment operations consist of distribution of telecommunication and other digital lifestyle products, office automation products and related comprehensive maintenance and allied services. The subsidiary HCL security Limited and HCL Investment Pte Limited, with its joint venture Techmart Telecom Distribution FZCO, Dubai, form part of Telecommunication & Office Automation segment.
- Internet and Related Services: The segment provides Internet related services through the company's wholly owned subsidiary HCL Infinet Limited to business enterprises. The offerings include Internet access services, virtual private network and other connectivity services.
On 26 July 2012, HCL Infosystems said it acquired Edurix, education content provider, that will help it to strengthen its education and learning business.
HCL Infosystems is ranked #1 in IDC-DataQuest Customer Satisfaction Survey 2011, third year in a row. DQ-IDC ranks the company #2 Domestic ICT company. It has been selected as Business Superbrands of India by the Super Brands Council. The company tied for 13th (along with Sharp) out of 16 companies in the most recent Greenpeace Survey - Guide to Greener Electronics, November 2012. HCL Learning was awarded eIndia Jury Choice Award for its Xcelerate program in the Best Open and Distance Learning Practices in Higher Education category. The company has been awarded with the CMMi (Capability Maturity Model Integration) Maturity Level 5 certification for its Jaipur Development centre in 2011. The company’s Puducherry plant won an award in the large scale category at the FICCI Quality System Excellence Awards 2011.
- HCL Infosystems. "CEO's Profile, HCL Infosystems". HCL Infosystems.
- PTI (2 April 2012). "HCL Infosystems director Ajai Chowdhry steps down". Financial Chronicle.
- "HCL Infosystems yearly results". economictimes.com. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- HCL Infosystems Ltd Q3 JFM 2010 Quarter Result
- "HCL Infosystems acquires Edurix". 26 July 2012.