HDMS Ejnar Mikkelsen (P571)
|Launched:||1 June 2007|
|Commissioned:||16 January 2009|
|Status:||in active service, as of 2010[update]|
|Class & type:||Knud Rasmussen-class patrol vessel|
|Displacement:||1,720 long tons (1,748 t)|
|Length:||61 m (200 ft 2 in)|
|Beam:||14.6 m (47 ft 11 in)|
|Draft:||4.9 m (16 ft 1 in)|
|Propulsion:||2 × MAN B&W Diesel ALPHA 8L27/28 generating 2720 kW each|
|Speed:||Less than 17 knots (31 km/h; 20 mph)|
|Range:||3,000 nautical miles (5,600 km)|
|Boats & landing
|1 × SB90E for Search and rescue
1 × 7m (60 HP) RHIB
1 × 4.8m (45 HP) RHIB
|Complement:||18 + aircrew and transients (Accommodation for up to 43 in total)|
|1 × Terma Scanter 4100 surface and air search radar
3 × Furuno navigation radars
SAAB CEROS 200 radar and optronic tracking system and CWI illumination radar
|Armament:||1 × 76 mm Gun Mk M/85 LvSa
2 × 12.7 mm Heavy Machine Gun M/01 LvSa
RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile surface-to-air missiles
MU90 Impact ASW torpedo
|Aviation facilities:||Aft helicopter deck, no hangar|
HDMS Ejnar Mikkelsen is a Royal Danish Navy patrol vessel. Launched in November 2007, she is the second vessel of the Knud Rasmussen class. The normal patrol area of the Ejnar Mikkelsen, and her sister ships, will be the waters around Greenland.
The HDMS Hvidbjørnen and the Ejnar Mikkelsen participated with Danish air elements in sovereignty and Search and Rescue exercises off Greenland's west coast in September 2009. The vessels patrol took them to the Nares Strait, close to Hans Island, the approaches to the Northwest Passage, and to Lancaster Sound. In Lancaster Sound they joined in a Search and Rescue exercise with the Canadian Coast Guard vessel the CCGS Henry Larsen.
- "Update: Denmark's Arctic Assets and Canada's Response — Northern Deployment 2009: Danish Navy & CCG in the High Arctic". Canadian American Strategic Review. September 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "Knud Rasmussen commissioned: First new Arctic Offshore Patrol Vessel Commissioned". Royal Danish Navy. 2008-02-18. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "Knud Rasmussen Class (2008- )". Royal Danish Navy. 2007-11-19. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "Second OPV in Skagen: Both new Off Shore Patrol Vessels together for the first time". Royal Danish Navy. 2007-11-19. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "An Overview of Current, On-Going Danish Naval projects 2005-2009 Knud Rasmussen class Ice-Resistant OPV (Offshore Patrol Vessel)". Canadian American Strategic Review. May 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12. Retrieved 2009-08-02.