HDMS Knud Rasmussen (P570)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Knud Rasmussen participates in Operation Nanook 2010.
|Class & type:||Knud Rasmussen-class patrol vessel|
|Displacement:||1,720 long tons (1,748 t)|
|Length:||61 m (200 ft 2 in)|
|Beam:||14.6 m (47 ft 11 in)|
|Draft:||4.9 m (16 ft 1 in)|
|Propulsion:||2 × MAN B&W Diesel ALPHA 8L27/28 generating 2720 kW each|
|Speed:||Less than 17 knots (31 km/h; 20 mph)|
|Range:||3,000 nautical miles (5,600 km)|
|Boats & landing
|1 × SB90E for Search and rescue
1 × 7m (60 HP) RHIB
1 × 4.8m (45 HP) RHIB
|Complement:||18 + aircrew and transients (Accommodation for up to 43 in total)|
|1 × Terma Scanter 4100 surface and air search radar
3 × Furuno navigation radars
SAAB CEROS 200 radar and optronic tracking system and CWI illumination radar
|Armament:||1 × 76 mm Gun Mk M/85 LvSa
2 × 12.7 mm Heavy Machine Gun M/01 LvSa
RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile surface-to-air missiles
MU90 Impact ASW torpedo
|Aviation facilities:||Aft helicopter deck, no hangar|
- "Update: Denmark's Arctic Assets and Canada's Response — Northern Deployment 2009: Danish Navy & CCG in the High Arctic". Canadian American Strategic Review. September 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "Knud Rasmussen commissioned: First new Arctic Offshore Patrol Vessel Commissioned". Royal Danish Navy. 2008-02-18. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "Knud Rasmussen Class (2008- )". Royal Danish Navy. 2007-11-19. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12.
- "An Overview of Current, On-Going Danish Naval projects 2005-2009 Knud Rasmussen class Ice-Resistant OPV (Offshore Patrol Vessel)". Canadian American Strategic Review. May 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-09-12. Retrieved 2009-08-02.
- "100816-G-4702D-012 Operation Nanook". Ninth District Public Affairs, US Coast Guard. Retrieved 2010-09-22. mirror
- "Arctic Cooperation – Canadian MCDV, HMCS Shawinigan, exercises with the Danish ice-resistant Patrol Vessel, the Knud Rasmussen". Canadian American Strategic Review. October 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-10-17.
This was the start of a 'cooperation exercise' (SAMEX)  between the Knud Rasmussen and the HMCS Shawinigan. The emergency call was simulated only for the purposes of the exercise. The day's program also featured a replenishment-at-sea (RAS) exercise, crew exchanges, casualty exercises aboard both vessels, and, later, a photography session.