HGTV Design Star (season 2)
- 1 Designers
- 2 Contestant progress
- 3 Challenges
- Lisa Millard
- Scott Corridan
- Todd Davis
- Josh "Organic Josh" Foss
- Josh "Sparkle Josh" Johnson
- Neeraja Lockart
- Robb Mariani
- Kim Myles
- Adriana Nussbaumer
- Christina Ray
- Will Smith
The winning Design Star was Kim Myles, who went on to host Myles of Style. Kim and Todd each also won a new Mercury Mariner.
|1||Kim||IN||LOW||IN||IN||IN||IN||IN||WINNER||Winner of Design Star season 2|
|2||Todd||HIGH||IN||WIN||IN||IN||IN||IN||RUNNER-UP||Elimin: Season 2 Finale|
|3||Will||HIGH||IN||IN||LOW||LOW||OUT||Elimin: Design Star Gives Back|
|4||Robb||LOW||LOW||HIGH||WIN||OUT||Elimin: Designing for a Celebrity|
|5||Josh J.||HIGH||WIN||LOW||OUT||Elimin: I Do—Vegas Style!|
|6||Christina||IN||IN||HIGH||OUT||Elimin: I Do—Vegas Style!|
|7||Adriana||IN||IN||OUT||Elimin: .99 Reasons to be Creative|
|8||Scott||HIGH||IN||OUT||Elimin: .99 Reasons to be Creative|
|9||Josh F.||LOW||OUT||Elimin: Dueling Kitchens|
|10||Neeraja||LOW||OUT||Elimin: Dueling Kitchens|
|11||Lisa||OUT||Elimin: Design a Las Vegas Penthouse|
- (WINNER) The designer won America's vote and the competition.
- (RUNNER-UP) The designer lost America's vote and received second place.
- (WIN) The designer was selected as the winner of the episode's Elimination Challenge.
- (HIGH) The designer was selected as one of the top entries in the Elimination Challenge, but did not win.
- (IN) The designer was not selected as either top entry or bottom entry in the Elimination Challenge, and advanced to the next challenge.
- (LOW) The designer was selected as one of the bottom entries in the Elimination Challenge, but was not deemed the worst of the designers who advanced in that particular week.
- (LOW) The designer was selected as one of the bottom two entries in the Elimination Challenge, and was deemed the worst of the designers who advanced in that particular week.
- (OUT) The designer was eliminated from the competition.
- (OUT) The designer was eliminated outside of judging panel.
- 1 In the fourth episode, the designer with the worst design in the clients' eyes would be eliminated outside of the judging panel. The worst design was Christina's, and so she was cut.
Challenge 1: Design a Las Vegas Penthouse
The designers have 28 working hours and a $15,000 budget to design the Las Vegas penthouse where they will live during the competition.
- Area designed:
- Entrance Hall: Lisa
- Living Room 1: Robb and Josh F.
- Dining Pit: Kim and Scott
- Living Room 2: Todd
- Bar and Stairwell: Neeraja
- Master bedroom: Will and Josh J.
- Small Bedroom: Adriana and Christina
- ELIMINATED: Lisa
- First aired: July 29, 2007
Challenge 2: Dueling Kitchens
The designers divide into two teams and each team has to make over a kitchen.
- Team 1: Adriana, Josh J., Kim, Neeraja (captain), Scott
- Team 2: Christina, Josh F. (captain), Robb, Todd, Will
- WINNER: Josh J.
- ELIMINATED: Josh F., Neeraja
- First aired: August 5, 2007
Challenge 3: .99 Reasons to Be Creative
Each designer has a budget of $399 to decorate an empty room using items purchased at a 99-cent store.
- WINNER: Todd
- ELIMINATED: Scott, Adriana
- First aired: August 12, 2007
Challenge 4: I Do--Vegas Style!
The designers have to design a wedding reception for 75 guests. After the designs are submitted, the couple will choose their favorite and least favorite designs. The designer of the least favorite will be eliminated. The remaining five will have sixteen hours to put everything together before the reception begins.
- WINNING DESIGN (lead designer for the challenge): Robb
- ELIMINATED: Christina (least favorite design), Josh J.
- First aired: August 19, 2007
Challenge 5: Designing for a Celebrity
The remaining four designers have 24 working hours to design a guest house for Wayne Newton and his wife Kat. Then they must each record a presentation of their room to show the judges how they will act on camera.
- Kitchen: Kim, Robb
- Living room: Todd, Will
- ELIMINATED: Robb
- First aired: August 26, 2007
Challenge 6: Design Star Gives Back
The three remaining designers are each randomly assigned to a deserving family chosen by HGTV to receive a $10,000 makeover of any room. Again, each must present the finished room to the judges, who will judge both the design and hosting ability. One will be eliminated, and the remaining two move on to the final challenge and the nationwide vote for the next Design Star.
- Bridget & Parents: Will
- Dean Family: Kim
- Kelley Family: Todd
- ELIMINATED: Will
- First aired: September 2, 2007
Challenge 7: Island Dreams
The final two designers each have a $10,000 budget to make over a hotel suite in Hawaii. Some of the eliminated contestants return to help them out. The final Design Star will be chosen from the viewers' voting.
- First aired: September 9, 2007
Season 2 finale
Kim is revealed as the viewers' choice for the next Design Star.
- ELIMINATED: Todd
- First aired: September 16, 2007