|Headquarters||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India|
|Key people||Dr. M. Ayyappan,
Chairman & Managing Director
|Revenue||INR 244 crores
HLL Lifecare Limited (formerly Hindustan Latex Limited) (HLL) is an Indian healthcare products manufacturing company based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. A Government of India -owned corporation (Public-sector undertaking), it produces health care products, including condoms,Surgical Sutures, Hydrocephalus Shunts, Tissue Expanders, blood bags, and contraceptive pills. One of HLL's contraceptive products is ormeloxifene, branded as Saheli, a non-hormonal non-steroid weekly oral contraceptive. In 2012, HLL announced a polymerase chain reaction based duplex test kit for chikungunya and dengue fever tests in collaboration with the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Trivandrum.
In 2005, it established LifeSpring Hospitals, a 50-50 joint venture with the Acumen Fund, a U.S.-based nonprofit global venture philanthropy fund, to provide low-cost maternity services, starting at Hyderabad, today it has nine hospitals across Andhra Pradesh state today.
- Blood transfusion
- Birth control
- Female condom
- Economy of Thiruvananthapuram
- Surgical Sutures
- Hindustan Latex is world's largest condom producer Financial Express, Nov 24, 2007.
- "HLL Lifecare to launch chikungunya, dengue diagonstic kits". 2012-08-08.
- "LifeSpring Hospitals". Acumen Fund website.
- "Current Investors". LifeSpring website.
- "How services firms in India are using disruptive innovation". Mint (newspaper). Feb 3 2011.
- "HLL Case Study". siteresources.worldbank.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Kerala is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|