From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Three ships of the Royal Australian Navy have been named HMAS Adelaide, after Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia:
- HMAS Adelaide (1918) was a Town-class light cruiser commissioned in 1922 and decommissioned in 1946
- HMAS Adelaide (FFG 01) was an Adelaide class frigate commissioned in 1980 and decommissioned in 2008
- HMAS Adelaide (LHD 01) is a Canberra class landing helicopter dock ship due to enter service in 2015
- "Navy Marks 109th Birthday With Historic Changes To Battle Honours". Royal Australian Navy. 1 March 2010. Archived from the original on 13 June 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Royal Australian Navy Ship/Unit Battle Honours". Royal Australian Navy. 1 March 2010. Archived from the original on 14 June 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|