From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- HMS Dauntless was an 18-gun sloop launched at Hull, England in November 1804. In 1807 she ran aground during a battle in the Vistula River and was forced to surrender to the French.
- HMS Dauntless was a 26-gun sloop launched in 1808 and sold for breaking in 1825.
- HMS Dauntless was a 24-gun (from 1854, 33-gun) frigate launched in 1847 and sold for breaking in 1885.
- HMS Dauntless was a Danae-class light cruiser launched in 1918. She was used as a training vessel from 1943 before being sold for breaking in 1946.
- HMS Dauntless was the WRNS training establishment at Burghfield, near Reading, Berkshire, from 1947 until 1981.
- HMS Dauntless is a Type 45 destroyer launched on 23 January 2007 at the BAE Systems Govan shipyard in Glasgow, and commissioned in June 2010.
In popular culture
- In the 2003 film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, the fictional HMS Dauntless appears as the flagship and pride of the Royal Navy.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|