From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Several ships of the Royal Navy have been named HMS Defence:
- Defence, launched in 1763, fought in many battles in the American Revolutionary War, the French Revolutionary Wars and the Napoleonic Wars.
- Defence was a 74 gun ship of the line, built in 1815 and broken up in 1857.
- Defence, launched in 1861, was an ironclad scrapped in 1935.
- Defence, launched in 1907, was an armoured cruiser sunk at the battle of Jutland.
- Light cruiser Defence was launched in 1945 but work on her was suspended until 1954. In 1957 she was renamed Lion.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|