From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- HMS Jackal was a 10-gun cutter purchased in 1778 and sold in 1785.
- HMS Jackal was a 14-gun cutter purchased in 1779. She was handed over to the French at Calais by her mutinous Irish crew later that year, becoming the privateer Jackall, Chacal, or Boulogne. HMS Prudente recaptured Boullongue on 22 July 1781. Jackall was captured again in 1782 by the USS Deane.
- HMS Jackal was a 10-gun brig. She was a purchased vessel in service in 1792.
- HMS Jackal was a 12-gun gun-brig launched in 1801 and captured by the French in 1807.
- HMS Jackal was an iron paddle gunvessel launched in 1844 and sold in 1887.
- HMS Jackal was a fishery protection vessel purchased in 1885 as HMS Woodcock. She was renamed HMS Jackal in 1886 and was sold in 1906.
- HMS Jackal was an Acheron-class destroyer launched in 1911 and sold in 1920.
- HMS Jackal was a J-class destroyer launched in 1938 and sunk in 1942.
- Demerliac (1996), p.89, #590.
- The London Gazette: . 6 April 1782.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
- Demerliac, Alain (1996) La Marine De Louis XVI: Nomenclature Des Navires Français De 1774 À 1792. (Nice: Éditions OMEGA).
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|