From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HMS Orlando has been the name of four ships of the Royal Navy.
- HMS Orlando was a 36-gun fifth rate launched in 1811, used for harbour service from 1819 and sold in 1824.
- HMS Orlando was a wood screw frigate launched in 1858 and sold in 1871.
- HMS Orlando was an Orlando class of armoured cruiser launched in 1886 and scrapped in 1905.
- HMS Orlando was to have been a Laforey class destroyer, but was renamed HMS Loyal prior to being launched in 1913.
- HMS Orlando was a WWII shore establishment and gunnery school at Navy house, Greenock, Scotland.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|