From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- HMS Sphinx was a 24-gun sixth rate launched in 1748 and sold in 1770.
- HMS Sphinx was a 20-gun sixth rate launched in 1775. The French captured her in September 1779, but HMS Proserpine recaptured her on 29 November 1779. She was broken up in 1811.
- HMS Sphynx was a 10-gun Cherokee-class brig-sloop launched in 1815 and sold in 1835.
- HMS Sphynx was a wooden paddle sloop launched in 1846 and broken up in 1881.
- HMS Sphinx was a composite paddle vessel launched in 1882 and sold in 1919.
- HMS Sphinx was an Halcyon-class minesweeper launched in 1939, and foundered in 1940 after an air attack.
- HMS Sphinx was the name given to an naval accommodation camp in Alexandria, Egypt, from April 1941.
- Demerliac, Alain (1996) La Marine De Louis XVI: Nomenclature Des Navires Français De 1774 À 1792. (Nice: Éditions OMEGA). ISBN 2-906381-23-3
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|