HMS Trumpeter (P294)
HMS Trumpeter, 2012
|Identification:||Pennant number: P294|
|Status:||in active service, as of 2015[update]|
|Class and type:||Archer-class patrol vessel|
HMS Trumpeter is an Archer-class patrol vessel P2000-type patrol and training vessel of the British Royal Navy. Trumpeter is assigned to Cambridge University Royal Naval Unit, having previously been the training ship of the Bristol University Royal Naval Unit.
She served in the Gibraltar Squadron alongside Ranger commencing 1991 under commanding officer Lieutenant Richard Morris. With Ranger she was deployed on the Thames for the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant to assist in security and partake in the pageant. She also assisted in security for the 2012 London Olympics.
- 5 ship's company, 1 training officer, 12 URNU students.
- When operational and not in URNU role.
- Royal Navy - Patrol Boats - Archer class, royalnavy.mod.uk, Retrieved 14 June 2014
- "HMS Ranger & HMS Trumpeter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!". Flickr. 2012-06-03. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HMS Trumpeter (P294).|
- Royal Navy HMS Trumpeter (royalnavy.mod.uk)
- Bristol URNU (bristolurnu.org)
- Cambridge URNU (srcf.ucam.org)
|This article about a specific naval ship or boat of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|