HP logo used from 2008 to present.
|Traded as||NYSE: HPQ
Dow Jones Industrial Average Component
S&P 500 Component
|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|Key people||Ralph Whitworth
(President and CEO)
|Products||See list of HP products.|
HP SiteScope(SiS) is an agentless monitoring software focused on monitoring the availability and performance of distributed IT infrastructures includes Servers, Network, Applications, operating systems, Internet services and various IT Enterprise components. HP Software work on Simple Object Access Protocol SOAP
HP SiteScope(SiS) was originally written by Freshwater Software in 1996, a company acquired by Mercury Interactive in 2001. Mercury Interactive was subsequently acquired by Hewlett Packard (HP) in 2006. Version 10.10 was released in July 2009. As of 3/27/2013 the current version is 11.20. HP SiteScope is now marketed by the HP Software Division.
HP SiteScope tests a web page or a series of web pages using synthetic monitoring. However, it is not limited to web applications and can be used to monitor database servers (Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.), Unix servers, Microsoft Windows servers and many other types of hardware and software. It can export the collected data in real time to HP LoadRunner or it can be used in standalone mode. HP SiteScope collects data using agentless data collection. Using the collected data, HP SiteScope can send automated alerts and create monitoring reports showing status over time in graphical and tabular formats.
About HP SiteScope
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2013)|
HP SiteScope Monitor Types
HP SiteScope(SiS) supports more than 100 types of IT infrastructure in physical and virtual environments and can monitor servers, databases, applications, networks, web transactions, streaming technology and integration technology, as well as generic elements including files, scripts and directories. HP SiteScope monitoring supports mid-tier processes, URLs, utilization of servers and response time of the mid-tier processes. Users can set thresholds for specific characteristics and be alerted for critical or warning conditions.
HP SiteScope Versions
Latest HP SiteScope Versions Information
HP has released HP SiteScope 11.20 as a base installable versions and on top of this version released 2 Patchs 11.21 and 11.22 HP Updated to users in various Blogs and Social Sites about SiteScope 11.22 is more stable and they have fixed most of the defects and enhancement requests in this version. Also HP R&D enabled the SiteScope 7.X series "MultiView" feature in with enhanced feature on Version 11.22. User can use the SiteScope URL sitescopeserverip:8080/SiteScope/MultiView to see MultiView feature in there SiteScope
HP SiteScope comes with 25 solution templates for monitoring IT infrastructure elements, including Oracle, Microsoft Exchange Server, SAP, WebLogic, and Unix and Linux operating systems. Solution templates are for rapidly deploying specific monitoring based on best practice methodologies.
Solution templates deploy a combination of standard SiteScope monitor types and solution specific monitors with settings that are optimized for monitoring the availability, performance, and health of the target application or system. For example, the solutions for Microsoft Exchange monitoring include performance counter, event log, MAPI, and Exchange application specific monitor types.
Working with Solution Templates
The following is an overview of the steps for using Solution Templates in SiteScope.
- Request the applicable Solution license from Mercury Interactive sales.
- Enter the license into the SiteScope product using the General Preferences page.
- Open or create a monitor group into which you want to add the solution monitors
- Select the applicable Solution Template
- Complete the Solution Template form as indicated
- Configure alerts for newly created monitors
- Configure reports for the newly created monitors
- HP SiteScope software
- HP BAC (and SiteScope) official support forum
- Sitescope Administrator support forums
- HP SiteScope software data sheet.
- “Mercury Interactive acquires Freshwater Software to solidify application performance management leadership. M2 Presswire.” Retrieved 2010-03-14.
- “HP Closes Landmark Mercury Acquisition” news release.
- HP SiteScope 10.1 MLU SW E-Media Evaluation. Retrieved 2010-03-14.
- O’Reilly. “Velocity Web Performance and Operations Conference” presentation. Retrieved 2010-03-14.
- “Introduction to SiteScope.” Retrieved 2010-03-14.
- “Three things you may not know about HP SiteScope” Retrieved 2010-03-14.
- Powertest.com. “What’s new in HP SiteScope.” Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- "Welcome to SiteScope." Retrieved 2010-03-14.