|Manufacturer||High Tech Computer|
|Retail availability||since 2006|
|Operating system||Windows Mobile 5.0 / 6.0|
|CPU||TI OMAP850 200MHz|
|Display||16-bit color 320x240 TFT|
|Input||Illuminated QWERTY keypad,
|Touchpad||"JOGGR" side touch-bar|
|Connectivity||GSM with EDGE
GPRS 802.11g WiFi
The HTC Excalibur (HTC S620) is a smartphone model manufactured by High Tech Computer beginning in 2006. It is rebranded and sold as the O2 Xda Cosmo, the T-Mobile Dash, the HTC S621 for Rogers Wireless in Canada, the HTC S621 for Suncom Wireless in the lower-eastern United States, the BT ToGo (as part of the BT Total Broadband Anywhere package), and the Dopod C720W.
The device runs the Windows Mobile 5 and 6 Smartphone Edition operating systems (AKU 3.0). It uses a 200 MHz Texas Instruments OMAP850 (ARM architecture) processor, with 64 MB of RAM and 128 MB of flash ROM. A microSD slot is also available for additional expansion capability.
It includes a quad band (850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz) GSM radio with EDGE, 802.11g WiFi support, and Bluetooth communications. The device syncs with ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center (Windows Vista and Windows 7) over Bluetooth or USB. It also has GPRS/EDGE and Wi-Fi connections.
Version of Windows Mobile 6.1 such as Kavanna's and Ricky's are available but not supported by T-Mobile. It also supports Windows Mobile 6.5. This phone is in the process of being ported to android by xda-developers.
- Generic Object Exchange
- HandsFree-AG (1.0)
New firmware versions disable nearly a half of these profiles, including FTP according to the pre-commercial review.
- Samsung Blackjack, a competing smartphone with similar specifications.
- Motorola Q, a competing smartphone with similar specifications.
- "T-Mobile Unveils a New Full-Featured Smartphone, the T-Mobile Dash" (Press release). T-Mobile. 2006-10-11.
- Gade, Lisa (November 17, 2006). "T-Mobile Dash (and HTC S620) - Windows Mobile Smartphone reviews". Mobile Tech Review. Retrieved 2007-01-12.
- Cha, Bonnie (October 11, 2006). "T-Mobile Dash (aka HTC Excalibur)". CNet Reviews. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- Cha, Bonnie (August 3, 2007). "HTC Cavalier S630". CNet Reviews. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- "Windows Mobile Upgrade". T-Mobile. Retrieved 2007-05-07.
- "Microsoft Reveals New Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone Software, Improves World’s Fastest-Growing Mobile Operating System" (Press release). Microsoft. 2007-02-11.
- "Excalibur - xda-developers".
- Kotov, Anton. "Review of HTC S620 (Excalibur) communicator". Mobile Review. Retrieved 2007-07-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HTC Excalibur.|
- Official HTC S620 product description at HTC manufacturer website
- T-Mobile Dash product description
- HTC Source: a news blog dedicated to HTC devices
- HTC Wiki: The Dash FAQ[dead link]
- HTC S620 review from 16 Jan 2007 by IT Week