|Compatible networks||HSPA/WCDMA 900/2100 MHz
Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (In Indian versions of this model, HTC disabled 3G services, confirmed by HTC)
|Dimensions||106 x 55.2 x 14 mm (4.17 x 2.17 x 0.55 inches)|
|Operating system||Android 1.6 and HTC Sense|
|CPU||Qualcomm MSM7225, 528 MHz|
|Memory||ROM: 512 MB, RAM: 256 MB|
|Removable storage||microSD memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)|
|Battery||1100 mAh rechargeable Lithium-ion battery|
|Data inputs||4-way navigation control with enter button|
|Display||240 x 320 px, 2.8 in (71 mm), QVGA TFT LCD|
|Rear camera||3.2 megapixel|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR + A2DP
3.5mm audio jack
The HTC Tattoo (formerly known as the HTC Click) is a phone manufactured by the HTC Corporation for the Android platform. It is the second phone to feature the HTC Sense interface. The phone was announced on 8 September 2009.
Unlike other Android handsets from HTC, the Tattoo has a resistive touchscreen instead of capacitive. The device's designer explained that it was tested with a capacitive display, but that multi-touch simply wasn't practical on such a small screen, while the company's Twitter feed states that a capacitive screen is insufficiently accurate at this size. The resistive screen may also reduce costs. It has been confirmed by HTC that all future Android handsets will use capacitive screens, making the Tattoo the last one to use resistive.
The specifications on 9 September 2009:
- Screen size: 2.8 in (71 mm)
- Screen resolution: 240 x 320
- Input devices: resistive touchscreen
- 3.2-megapixel fixed-focus rear-facing camera
- Full GPS (GPS)
- Digital compass
- RAM: 256 MB
- ROM: 512 MB
- microSD slot (SDHC compatible)
- Operating system: Android 1.6 and HTC Sense
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR & A2DP
- HTC ExtUSB (Mini-B USB backward compatible)
- 3.5 mm audio jack, microphone, speaker
- FM radio with RDS
The HTC Tattoo was the first smartphone from the company with fully customisable covers. The phone's plastic shell can be removed and replaced with one of a design of the owner's choice. The now no longer available TattooMyHTC website was launched on 12 October 2009, offering pre-made designs for €11.99 or personalised designs for €14.99.
HTC Android Series Mobiles released in 2009
- Vasile, Cosmin (17 September 2009). "HTC Tattoo Review". Softpedia. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
-  "En revanche, contrairement au Hero, le Tattoo utilise un écran résistif non multipoint. Nous avons fait des essais et nous nous sommes rendus compte que cette technologie n'est pas assez pratique à utiliser avec un écran de cette taille."/"However, unlike the Hero, the Tattoo uses a resistive screen, not multi-touch. We did some tests and we realized that this technology is not practical enough to use with a screen this size."
- Allen, Danny (8 September 2009). "HTC Tattoo: Budget Android Phone Gets Slick Sense User Interface". Gizmodo. Gawker Media. Retrieved 9 September 2009.
- "www.intomobile.com". 18 September 2012.
- HTC Android Series Mobiles released in 2009, HTC Top Story - Techno-Entertainment blog.