|Revised Romanization||H mat‘ŭ|
|Revised Romanization||Hanareum mateu|
H Mart(Korean: H 마트, 한아름 마트, Chinese:韓亞龍) is an American supermarket chain operated by the Hanahreum Group, headquartered in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. The chain, with locations throughout the United States,Canada, and the United Kingdom specializes in providing Asian foods. The chain operates Super H Mart stores. "H Mart" stands for "Han Ah Reum," a Korean phrase meaning "arm full of groceries."
By 2005 the chain had 17 supermarkets across the United States. By March 2006, the company had 22 locations. With the exception of two stores in Denver, Colorado, four in British Columbia (Vancouver, Coquitlam, Langley and Richmond) Canada, three in the Toronto area,and all of the locations were located on the U.S. East Coast. The company scheduled the opening of its first U.S. West Coast location in Federal Way, Washington, in April 2006. As of 2013 there were over 40 H Mart locations across the United States, in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, California, Texas and Massachusetts.
After its 2001 opening, an H Mart location in Northern Virginia gained many Hispanic American employees. After cultural conflicts between Hispanic and Korean American employees in one store, the H Mart headquarters provided an intercultural training course, with translations in Spanish.
- "footer_logo.png." H Mart. Retrieved on June 26, 2011.
- Home. H Mart. Retrieved on June 26, 2011. "ADDRESS : 300 Chubb Ave. Lyndhurst, NJ 07071"
- Pazzanese, Christina. "Super 88 shifts course as competition mounts Asian market chain to shut 3 stores, renovate others." Boston Globe. October 11, 2-008. Business A13. Retrieved on June 26, 2011. "This year, H Mart, a national chain specializing in Asian foods, unveiled plans"
- Kang, Cecilia. "Koreans, Hispanics Work for Harmony." The Washington Post. Sunday October 7, 2007. 1. Retrieved on June 26, 2011.
- "History." H Mart. Retrieved on June 26, 2011.
- Ortutay, Barbara. "Bucks gets an Asian flavor." Bucks County Courier Times. February 23, 2005. 1B. Retrieved on July 27, 2011. "H Mart began as a corner store in 1982 and expanded into a chain of 17 grocery[...]"
- "History." H Mart. December 9, 2004. Retrieved on June 26, 2011.
- "H Mart Timeline." H Mart. Retrieved on June 26, 2011.
- "H-Mart grocery chain to make state debut." Puget Sound Business Journal. Sunday March 12, 2006. Last modified on Thursday March 9, 2006. Retrieved on June 26, 2011.
- Company information for H MART EUROPE LIMITED (06879552) incorporated 16-04-2009. Ukdata.com. Retrieved on 2013-06-10.
- "H-Mart UK". Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- H Mart Corporate Website
- H Mart Corporate Website (Korean)
- H Mart (United States) (Korean) (English) (Chinese)
- H Mart (Ontario) (Korean) (English)
- Han Ah Reum (Vancouver) (Korean) (English) (Chinese) (Japanese)
- H Mart (Europe London)