HaMerotz LaMillion 2
||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (April 2014)|
|Season run||October 25, 2011
– February 11, 2012
|Filming dates||March 30, 2011
– April 26, 2011
January 11, 2012
|No. of episodes||27 (30 including recaps)|
|Winning team||Bar Ben-Vakil & Inna Broder|
|No. of legs||13|
|Season 1 ◄ Chronology ► Season 3|
HaMerotz LaMillion (Hebrew: המירוץ למיליון, lit. The Race to the Million) is an Israeli reality television game show based on the American series, The Amazing Race. The second installment of the show features 11 teams of two with a pre-existing relationship in a race around the world to win ₪1,000,000.
Painter and saleswoman Bar Ben-Vakil & Inna Broder were the winners of this race.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Episode Titles
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Race summary
- 5.1 Leg 1 (Israel → Hungary)
- 5.2 Leg 2 (Hungary)
- 5.3 Leg 3 (Hungary → Bosnia and Herzegovina → Croatia)
- 5.4 Leg 4 (Croatia → Poland)
- 5.5 Leg 5 (Poland → Czech Republic)
- 5.6 Leg 6 (Czech Republic → China)
- 5.7 Leg 7 (China)
- 5.8 Leg 8 (China → Thailand)
- 5.9 Leg 9 (Thailand)
- 5.10 Leg 10 (Thailand → Sri Lanka)
- 5.11 Leg 11 (Sri Lanka)
- 5.12 Leg 12 (Sri Lanka → Singapore)
- 5.13 Leg 13 (Singapore)
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Development and Filming
Filming for the second season lasted 28 days. The second season spanned nine countries. Among them, 8 were previously unvisited countries, including Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand. Previously visited country is China.
Firass, Hen, and Osnat were absent from the finish line.
The host had recorded blogs during filming. This can be viewed on the website.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Bar & Inna||Painter and Saleswoman||8th⊃||8th⊃||6th−||6th⊃||1st||3rd⊂||4th||5th<||5th⊂||1stƒ||3rd||1st||1st||Bar 4, Inna 5|
|Alon & Oren||Brothers||3rd⊃||1st⊃||2nd<||2nd⊃||2nd||2nd||1st⊂||1st−||3rd||2nd||2nd||3rd||2nd||Alon 6, Oren 4|
|Akiva & Anaelle||Married Orthodox Jews||1st||5th||3rd||5th||5th||1st⊃||2nd⊃||2nd>||2nd⊃||3rd7||1st||2nd||3rd||Anaelle 5, Akiva 5|
|Tom & Adele||Footballer & Girlfriend8||5th⊃||3rd⊃||5th>||7th⊂||6th||4th⊃||3rd⊃||4th>||1st⊃||4th||4th||4th||Tom 6, Adele 4|
|Osnat & Carmit||Friends from Kiryat Ekron||6th||4th−3||7th||4th⊃||3rdƒ5||6th⊃||5th6||3rd>||4th⊃−||5th||Osnat 5, Carmit 5|
|Pundak & Moti||DJ & Security Company CEO||2nd⊃||2nd⊃||1st||3rd||4th||5th⊃−||6th⊃||Pundak 3, Moti 4|
|Alon & Hen||Newlyweds||4th⊂||6th⊂||4th>||1st||7th−||Alon 3, Hen 2|
|Firass & Shira||Muslim & Jewish Girlfriend||7th||7th||8th>4||Firass 2, Shira 14|
|Nitzan & Fifi||Bakers||9th||9th||Nitzan 2, Fifi 0|
|Tal & Mor||Mother/Daughter||10th2||Tal 12, Mor 0|
|Gadi & Alona||Friends||11th1||Gadi 0, Alona 0|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing.
- A blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a pit stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had to perform a Speed Bump during the next leg of the race.
- An italicized blue placement indicates that the team was "Marked for Elimination"; if the team did not place 1st in the next leg, they would receive a 1-hour (end of leg 6) or 30 minutes (end of leg 9) penalty.
- An orange + indicates that there was a Double Battle on this leg of the race, while an orange − Indicates the team that lost the Double Battle and received a 15-minute penalty.
- A brown ⊂ indicates the team who received a U-Turn; ⊃ indicates that the team voted for the recipient; ⊂⊃ indicates around a leg number indicates a leg where the U-Turn was available but not used.
- A yellow < indicates the team who received a Yield; > indicates that the team voted for the recipient.
- ^ Gadi & Alona were the last team to arrive at Ben Gurion International Airport and were eliminated as per the provisions of the first leg's rules (see below).
- ^ Tal & Mor initially arrived 8th, but because Tal was unable to complete the Roadblock task the team was issued a 1-hour penalty. Bar & Inna and Nitzan & Fifi, the only two teams trailing them at that point checked in during that period, resulting in Tal & Mor being eliminated.
- ^ Osnat & Carmit were unable to complete the ice hockey task and were issued a 1-hour penalty.
- ^ Firass & Shira were issued a 1-hour penalty for not completing the Roadblock due to Shira's low blood pressure.
- ^ Osnat & Carmit were forced to quit the double-battle because of an injury Osnat received during the double-battle.
- ^ Osnat & Carmit initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 1-hour penalty for being "Marked for Elimination" and not finishing 1st. This did not affect their placement.
- ^ Akiva & Anaelle took a short penalty of unknown length for refusing to take part in the Buddhist blessing ceremony.
- ^ During the middle of the season, Tom & Adele were no longer dating. although they broke-up, the on-screen caption remained the same.
For the first time in Amazing Race franchise, teams may vote to choose either U-Turn or Yield. The team who has the most votes received the U-Turn or Yield penalty, depending on the respective leg.
|U-Turned/Yielded:||Alon & Hen
|Alon & Hen
|Alon & Oren
|Tom & Adele
|Bar & Inna
|Alon & Oren
|Bar & Inna
|Bar & Inna
|Bar & Inna||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Osnat & Carmit||Akiva & Anaelle||Akiva & Anaelle||Unknown|
|Alon & Oren||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Akiva & Anaelle||Akiva & Anaelle||Unknown|
|Akiva & Anaelle||Tal & Mor||Nitzan & Fifi||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Unknown|
|Tom & Adele||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Unknown|
|Osnat & Carmit||Firass & Shira||Tom & Adele||Bar & Inna||Tom & Adele||Bar & Inna||Pundak & Moti||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Unknown|
|Pundak & Moti||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren|
|Alon & Hen||Pundak & Moti||Pundak & Moti||Alon & Oren||Alon & Oren|
|Firass & Shira||Nitzan & Fifi||Osnat & Carmit||Alon & Oren|
|Nitzan & Fifi||Firass & Shira||Firass & Shira|
|Tal & Mor||Pundak & Moti|
|Gadi & Alona|
Episode titles were translated from Hebrew from the official website:
- Amazing Race Premiere (Leg 1)
- Something Fire! (!משהו אש) (Leg 1)
- The Complete Chapter (הפרק המלא) (Leg 1)
- The Complete Chapter (הפרק המלא) (Leg 2)
- Breaking the Ice (שוברים את הקרח) (Leg 2)
- Does is it All End In Peace? (?האם הכל יגמר בשלום) (Leg 3)
- For the Best? (?מעז יצא מתוק) (Leg 3)
- Tom and Adele Being Left Behind (טום ואדל נשארים מאחור) (Leg 4)
- The Opportunity of a Lifetime (הזדמנות של פעם בחיים) (Leg 4)
- The Baptism of Fire! (!טבילת אש) (Leg 5)
- Deal Breaker (משחק מסוכן) (Leg 5)
- Racing Legend! (!מירוץ מהאגדות) (Leg 5)
- It's All Magic (זה כל הקסם) (Recap)
- The Chinese Language is Difficult (סינית שפה קשה) (Leg 6)
- Sweet Pain? (?כאב מתוק) (Leg 6)
- The Shawshank Redemption (חומות של תקווה) (Leg 7)
- No Limits! (!חסרי מעצורים) (Leg 7)
- Who Will Enter the Final Quintet? (?מי יכנס לחמישיית הגמר) (Leg 7)
- Occupy Bangkok (כובשים את בנגקוק) (Leg 8)
- Non-Stop Race (מירוץ ללא הפסקה) (Leg 8)
- The Low Down (יורדים נמוך) (Legs 8 and 9)
- Homesick (מתגעגעים הביתה) (Leg 9)
- Separate From Thailand (נפרדים מתאילנד) (Leg 9)
- The Greatest Moments of the Race (הרגעים הגדולים של המירוץ) (Recap)
- Dreaming About A Place in the Final (חולמים על מקום בגמר) (Leg 10)
- The Couples in the Race of Their Lives! (!הזוגות במירוץ חייהם) (Leg 10)
- The Final Battle in the Final (הקרב האחרון בדרך אל הגמר) (Leg 11)
- Last Step in a Million! (!צעד אחרון למיליון) (Leg 12)
- The Sky's the Limit (השמיים הם הגבול) (Leg 13)
- Reunion (Recap)
- Legs 1-7, 9-10 – A vacation.
- Leg 11 – A credit card loaded with a large sum of money.
- Leg 13 –
- 1st Place – ₪1,000,000
- 2nd Place – Two scooters
- 3rd Place – Holiday abroad
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers|| צומת (Detour) מחסום (Roadblock) קיצור דרך (Fast Forward) עצור (Yield)
סיבוב פרסה (U-Turn) פס האטה (Speed Bump) נקודת סיום (Pit Stop)
Leg 1 (Israel → Hungary)
- Jerusalem, Israel (Teddy Stadium) (Starting Line)
- Ruhama (Wadi Shiqma)
- Tel Aviv (Ben Gurion International Airport) (Elimination Point)
- Tel Aviv (Ben Gurion International Airport) to Budapest, Hungary (Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport)
- Pilisvörösvár (Shivabenstube Restaurant)
- Puss Laci (Pig sty)
- Budapest (Music Hall or the circus located just outside)
- Budapest (Óbuda Square)
- Budapest (Astra Filmstudios)
- Budapest (Széchenyi thermal bath)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between קרקס (Qerqes - Circus) or ואלס (Vales - Waltz). In Circus, teams had to perform a circus act by walking on a tight rope and then maintain stability on a board balanced on a wheel. After the teammate performed properly they received the next clue. In Waltz, teams had to learn waltz steps and show a waltz dance to judges who rated their dance accuracy. They needed to score at least 20 points to receive the next clue. At the U-Turn, all teams had to choose the team they want to U-Turn. The team which got the highest number of votes was U-Turned. For this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to enter an aquarium with their hands and feet secured by iron chains. Once the team member escaped the flooding aquarium by finding the two correct keys in the bottom and opening the locks on the chains, they received their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the beginning of the race, each team had to retrieve the key for its vehicle from a pile of ropes, and then climb on rope ladders to enter the car. After the driver from each team pressed the horn, the team received the next clue.
- To find the code to the safe in their car, teams had to listen to series of songs at Wadi Shiqma and recognize three colors. After they recognized the colors (Red, White and Green) they had to grab three balls with the three colors and numbers on them. After teams found the balls, they could encrypt the code to the safe in their car which held the flight tickets for the first destination.
- The first five teams received tickets for the first flight from Tel Aviv to Budapest; the next five teams received tickets for the second flight. While the last team to not receive the ticket, they would be eliminated.
- In the restaurant at Pilisvörösvár, while sharing only one water glass per team, team members had to eat a bowl of extremely spicy goulash soup. After both teammates from each team finished the soup, they received the next clue.
- At Puss Laci Pigsty, teams had to catch all the pigs and give them to the farmer. After this they received the next clue.
- At Óbuda Square, each team mates had to face each other. One member used a soda syphon and one held a glass. They had to fill the glass fully with soda squirted from the soda syphon. Only after the team's glass was full could they receive the next clue.
- On their way to Astra Filmstudios teams had to get a cab and direct the driver to the destination while wearing strait jackets.
- Teams had to solve one side of Rubik's Cube, with a picture of Széchenyi thermal bath on it, to discover that the Széchenyi thermal bath was their first pit stop.
Leg 2 (Hungary)
- Budapest (Hockey Arena)
- Budapest (Almássy tér (Hungarian)) (Double-Battle)
- Budapest (Ligetvaros Irodahaz or NAP TV)
- Budapest (Address 1800)
- Budapest (Dohány Street Synagogue)
- Budapest (Elisabeth Square)
- Budapest (Elisabeth Bridge)
- Budapest (Buda Castle)
In the first double-battle at Almássy tér, two teams had to wrestle in a tub full of slippery liquid chocolate while attempting to fill the rival team's chocolate jar. After the rival team's jar is full, the winning team receives the next clue while the losing team waited for the next team to challenge them. The last team remaining after all the teams had fought had to wait 15 minutes after their final loss to receive their next clue. In this Leg's Detour, teams had to choose between כוכב קולנוע (Khocheb Qelnoah - Movie Star) and כוכב טלוויזיה (Khocheb Televyziah - TV Star). In Movie Star, team members had to dub a scene from a Hungarian movie at Ligetvaros Irodahaz. After they dubbed the five phrases correctly they received the next clue. In TV Star, teams travelled to NAP TV where team members had to read the weather forecast for Hungary from a teleprinter. After they read it accurately they received the next clue. For the Roadblock, one team member had to crack a large block of ice with the next clue frozen inside.
- Additional tasks
- At the Hockey Arena, one team member had to play hockey and score two goals, while the other member held a large, heavy block of ice. The hockey playing team member could attempt to shoot goals when the ice cube holder was holding their block of ice up off the floor. Only after the hockey player team member scored two goals did the team received the next clue..
- At Dohány Street Synagogue, teams had to convince five people to wear a beard like Theodor Herzl's, lean on a fence, and say his well-known sentence "Im Tirzu Ein Zo Agada". After each team took pictures of five people doing this they received the next clue.
- At Elisabeth Bridge, teams had to count the columns on one side of the bridge. When they counted the correct number of 2,377 columns they could use the number to open a combination lock on a chest that contained the next clue.
Leg 3 (Hungary → Bosnia and Herzegovina → Croatia)
- Budapest (Budapest Deli railway station) to Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Sarajevo (Gavrilo Princip Bridge)
- Sarajevo (Old Town Square) (Double-Battle)
- Sarajevo (Jahorina Ski Resort) (Overnight Rest)
- Mostar (Stari Most)
- Dubrovnik, Croatia (Sport Center)
- Dubrovnik (Gradskavana)
- Dubrovnik (Walls of Dubrovnik)
- Dubrovnik (Minčeta Tower)
In this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to wear a swimsuit, put on skis, and be towed down a ski hill behind a snowmobile. After the team member rode down the hill without falling the team received the next clue. For the Detour, teams had to choose between כדורגל (Kaduregel - Soccer) and כדורסל (Kadursal - Basketball). In Soccer, one team member had to play soccer and score three goals through three targets, while the second member dressed as a cheerleader and cheered him/her on. After the first member scored three goals, both members had to switch roles. Only after the both members scored three goals each could the team received the next clue. In Basketball, teams had to play against two Croatian basketball players and score twenty baskets, ten baskets each. They had to score at least one basket using a trampoline, ladder, supermarket cart, and a chair. After that the team could receive their next clue. In the double-battle at Old Town Square teams had to play musical chairs with each other and local people. If after a round, one team's member got out, then the competing team would get the next clue. The losing team had to wait to compete with the next team, and the last team had to wait 15 minutes until it could continue.
- Additional tasks
- On the Gavrilo Princip Bridge, each racer had to face each other while one member threw live fish at their partner who had to catch with his mouth and eat it without using his hands. After every five misses the throwing member had to eat a fish. After the second member caught one fish the team could receive the next clue.
- At Stari Most, teams discovered who would receive the Yield.
- At Gradskavana teams had to eat 1.5 kilograms (3.3 lb) of Cremeschnitte cake using just their mouth before receiving the next clue.
- At the Walls of Dubrovnik, one team member had to climb the walls which are divided into three levels. Meanwhile, the second member had to collect gold coins from passers-by. After every five coins that were given to the gatekeeper, the first member could climb up one more level. After the first member finished climbing the wall, the team had to put the gold coins in a chest to receive the next clue.
- On Minčeta Tower, teams had to find the water fountain sculpture of Lady Pee Pee and drink water from it. Then they could continue to the Pit Stop.
Leg 4 (Croatia → Poland)
- Dubrovnik (Dubrovnik Airport) to Kraków, Poland (John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice)
- Kraków (Main Market Square)
- Kraków (Kazimierz)
- Kraków (Szeroka Restaurant)
- Kraków (#16 Green Street)
- Kraków (Opera Krakowska)
- Wieliczka (Wieliczka Salt Mine)
- Kraków (Kraków Streets)
- Kraków (16 Sebastianna Street)
In this Leg's Detour, teams had to choos between חכמי חלם (Hachmey HaChelm - Men of Chelm) and קניידלעך (Qenyeydel'ek - Matzo Balls). In Men of Chelm, teams had to fill a big bucket by carrying on their backs from one point to the bucket, a pole of perforated buckets full of water, only after they filled the big bucket they received the next clue. In Matzo Balls, teams had to recognize two songs when an accordionist plays at the beginning only one note. To "purchase" another note, team members had to eat two matzo balls. Only after the team members recognized two song they received the next clue. For the Roadblock, one team member had to go down into the mines, push a heavy cart of salt blocks from The Chapel of Saint Kinga until arriving to a hall, then go to a salt wall and lick it until finding a sweet point on it, afterwards dig in the salt blocks cart and find in it a crystal, enter it to the right hole to unlock the next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Main Market Square, teams had to convince passers-by to help them carry a Fiat 126 car from its parking point to another point which is marked. After they did it, all the people who helped them including the teams members themselves had to enter the car and close the doors. After all the people including the team members entered successfully the car, they received the next clue.
- At Kazimierz, teams had to communicate through their tablet to three Israeli famous entertainers: Tzipi Shavit, Hanny Nahmias and Irit Anavi and tell them five jokes about Polish women. They could use their tablets for one minute to find jokes on the web. After the three approved that all the five jokes are funny, they will give the teams the next clue.
- At Opera Krakowska, teams had to learn a sequence of ballet steps from Swan Lake ballet and perform them for the teacher's satisfaction to receive the next clue.
- At Kraków Streets one team member had to ask pedestrians to give him/her a kiss, while the other one had to take photos of the first member doing it by their tablet. Teams have to collect fifty kisses in total to receive the next clue.
Leg 5 (Poland → Czech Republic)
- Kraków (Kraków Główny railway station) to Kutná Hora, Central Bohemian Region, Czech Republic
- Kutná Hora (Church of Bones)
- Kutná Hora (Church of Bones – Underground Tunnels) (Double-Battle)
- Prague (Florence Street (Czech))
- Prague (Trafika Store) (Overnight Rest)
- Prague (Wenceslas Square)
- Prague (Old Town Square)
- Prague (Náměstí Republiky (Czech))
- Prague (Prague Streets)
- Prague (Střelecký Island (Czech))
For this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to don a protective suit, and then get lit on fire. While engulfed in flames, they would have to run a slalom course around flaming barrels and then choose the correct briefcase from a choice of three. In the first Fast Forward of the Race, teams had to model for art students while naked for one hour. For the Speed Bump, Tom & Adele had to perform a Czech children's song and collect money from pedestrians, only after they collected 100 Kč they could continue the race. In the double-battle at the underground tunnels, teams had to put on roller-skates and dress-up as Witches. Team had to collect plastic bats while skating and throw them into a vase. The first team to collect 4 plastic bats wins the double-battle and receives their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the Church of Bones, one team member had to count the number of skulls in the main hall while the other team member had to read out loud the history of the Church.
- At the Kutná Hora underground tunnels, teams had to enter the witch chamber and figure out they have to use the witch's broom to sweep the floor in order to reveal their next clue.
- At Trafika Store, teams had to find their next clue in a local newspaper. The clue directed them to Wenceslas Square.
- At Old Town Square, teams had to become tour guides and guide a random tourist on a carriage ride, They stopped by three monuments and team members had to explain the tourist about the monument when they have seven words about every monument to explain with. After they guided the tourist well, the teams received the next clue.
- After teams finished the tour guides task, they had to find two girls who named Jana, buy them gifts from they own money and take a picture of them with their gifts to receive the next clue.
- At Prague Streets, teams had to wear an armor and carry a canopy with a princess crown in it at the streets to the princess. After they arrived to her, she directed them to the next clue.
Leg 6 (Czech Republic → China)
- Prague (Prague Ruzyně Airport) to Beijing, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)
- Beijing (Beijing National Training Complex)
- Beijing (Fire Temple) (Double-Battle)
- Beijing (Huguang Guild Hall)
- Beijing (Kitchen of Huguang Guild Hall)
- Beijing (Yangzhou Spa)
- Beijing (798 Art Zone)
- Beijing (798 Space)
- Beijing (Jingshan Park)
For this Leg's Detour, teams had chose between מלצרות (Meltzerot - Waitressing) and גלגל ביש המזל (Gelgel Beysh HaMazel - Wheel of Misfortune). In Waitressing, teams had to become waiters in Chinese restaurant and serve meals to eight customers who requested their meals in the Chinese language. When the teams served the meals, without mistakes, they received the next clue. In Wheel of Misfortune, teams had to rotate a wheel of traditional Chinese meals names and then eat the meal that was chosen. After they had finished the meal they received the next clue. In the Roadblock, one team member had to get a Chinese foot massage for twenty minutes. The massage could be very painful. Only after the team member "survived" the massage successfully did they receive the next clue. In the double-battle at Fire Temple teams had to compete at nut cracking. The first team who cracked 25 grams (0.055 lb) of nuts, won the double-battle and received the next clue.
- Additional note
- The original Pit Stop was located at Jingshan Park's Top Pavilion. However, due to operating hours, it was relocated to the park's entrance after two of the teams had checked in.
- Additional tasks
- At Beijing National Training Complex teams had to choose one of three types of gymnastic exercises (Balance beam, parallel bars or ribbons) and perform it perfectly. Only after they did it they received the next clue.
- Teams had to walk from Beijing National Training Complex to the Fire Shrine with Chinese high heels on their feet.
- At the 798 Art Zone district teams had to listen a song about Chinese people and find then find people who illustrate the song. They had to find two people with a big violin, being shooed by a cop, just as described in the Hebrew version of the song Drei Chinesen mit dem Kontrabass. They then had to the song for them. Then they received from them the next clue.
- At 798 Space teams had to separate stuffed toys with a Made In China label from a large quantity of toys and count them. Only after they had counted the correct number of toys, which is different for each team, did they receive the next clue.
Leg 7 (China)
- Beijing (Yuan Ming Yuan Maze)
- Beijing (Great Wall of China)
- Beijing (Zhongshan Park)
- Beijing (Beiying Studios)
- Beijing (Zhongguancun)
- Beijing (Shanghai China Market)
- Beijing (Zhengyici Peking Opera Theatre)
For this Leg's Detour, the choice was between שפיץ (Shpeytz - Spitz) and קפיץ (Q'feytz - Spring). In Spitz, teams had to learn to play the local version of Hacky Sack. They must bounce a ball to one another 25 times using only their feet and palms. In Spring, one team member must play a Chinese song on an Erhu and the other must sing the song and perform the dance. In the Roadblock, one team member had to prove themselves worthy enough to marry a Chinese bride. First, they had to apply red lipstick and write "I love U" on a piece of paper with their lips. They then had to brush their teeth using a wasabi-flavored toothpase for a full minute.
- Additional tasks
- At the Yuan Ming Yuan Maze teams had to search the maze for four things that were originally invented in China. There were many inventions hidden in the maze, but only five were of Chinese origin. Teams had to bring these to a Chinese sage in the center of the maze. If they guessed correctly, they would get their next clue and a giant, plush toy of Mushi, Beijing's Panda.
- At the Great Wall of China teams rode a chairlift up to a point on the wall. At the point they received a rolled up paper containing a word search game with words related to China. Then they had to climb hundreds of steps to the fifth tower, where they completed the word search. Then they climbed even more steps up to the next guard tower, where they exchanged the completed word search and their panda for the next clue.
- Teams were able to ride a toboggan down a track to get back to the entrance to the Great Wall.
- At Zhongguancun, teams gathered 10 Chinese people and taught them dance while singing "Hava Nagila".
- At the porcelain store in Shanghai China Market, teams had to put on bulky elephant costumes and walk through the narrow store isles while trying not to knock over porcelain plates lining the store shelves. They then had to glue together some of the porcelain they broke while waiting out a penalty that was given, based on how much they had broken.
Leg 8 (China → Thailand)
- Beijing (Beijing Capital International Airport) to Bangkok, Thailand (Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Bangkok (Siam Ocean World)
- Bangkok (Wat Tawarat) (Double-Battle)
- Bangkok (Chatuchak Weekend Market) (Overnight Rest)
- Bangkok (Sasiprapa Gym)
- Bangkok (Shoshana Restaurant)
- Bangkok (Fahorat Market and B. Bogie's Collections)
- Bangkok (Wat Suthat)
In this Leg's Detour, teams had to choose between לקנות (Leqnot - Buy) or למכור (Lemkhor - Sell). In Buy teams had to buy ten items with less money than the vendor was initially asking for his items. After they bought the ten items they received the next clue. In Sell, teams had to convince twenty Thai people to eat Falafel. After the people had finished eating, the team received their next clue. For the Roadblock, one team member was required to learn two exercises in Muay Thai and perform them correctly on a Thai boxer to receive the next clue. In double-battle at Wat Tawarat, one team member from each battling team had to meditate with vase on their head, while the others had to make the vase fall with vocal sounds. After 5 minutes they could use a feather to tickle them. When a vase fell from the team member's head, the opposing team won the double-battle and received the next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Siam Ocean World, one team member had to dive into an aquarium full of sharks. The second has to act out words from a board for the diving team member. The diving member had to pick up the words from the bottom of the aquarium. The team received their next clue after the diver picked up all the correct words.
- After the Detour, teams would discover who would receive the Yield.
- At Shoshana Restaurant, teams had to find ten Israeli tourists in the street and dress them in the team's shirt. They took the tourists to a restaurant and sung together to the cashier the song "Shoshan Shoshana" to receive the next clue.
- At Fahorat Market, teams had to take a roll of fabric to Bogie the Tailor so he could make them a suit. After they wore the completed suit they received the next clue.
Leg 9 (Thailand)
- Bangkok (Wat Arun)
- Bangkok (Karaoke Taxis Station)
- Pattaya, Chonburi Province (Pattaya Beaches) (Overnight Rest)
- Pattaya (Ban Amphur) (Double-Battle)
- Pattaya (Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden)
- Pattaya (Pattaya Beach)
- Pattaya (Pattaya Park Tower)
- Pattaya (Bali Hai)
For the Detour, teams chose between שקשק אותו (Sheqsheq Aotov - Slosh It) and פוצץ אותו (Potzetz Aotov - Pop It). In Slosh It, teams tasted a fresh fruit smoothie and had to identify which fruits it was made from using only their sense of taste. Then hey had to collect these fruits, which were scattered along the beach, while hopping in a sack. In Pop It, teams had to participate in a traditional activity meant to scare off evil spirits. One team member must put on goggles that blind their vision and enter a pool filled with balloons. After the team member was blind-folded, their partner chose a color of balloon that the blind folded member had to pop using only their mouths or rear-ends. In this Leg's Roadblock, the participating contestant had to wear a white T-shirt and lie on the ground while an elephant put his leg on their body and hit them with its trunk. Then this team member had to put a flat wooden pallet under the T-shirt and let the elephant paint on the T-shirt. After this whole process was done, the elephant gave the racer the next clue. In the Double-Battle at Ban Amphur, teams had to attach coconut shells to their feet and race around a course collecting coconuts. If they dropped any coconuts they had to start again.
- Additional tasks
- Teams arrived to Wat Arun by water buses and to the Karaoke Taxis Station by a long-tail boat.
- At Wat Arun, teams had to eat popsicles until they found a popsicle stick with the next clue is written on it.
- In the karaoke taxis, teams had to sing on a karaoke version of the song "Olé, Olé" of Izhar Cohen as long as they could. Whenever they stopped singing the taxi would stop. Upon arrival to Pattaya they received the next clue.
- At Pattaya Beach, teams had to perform a Limbo dance. After each successful attempt the pole was lowered. Each time both team members successfully passed under the limbo pole, without falling or touching the pole, they received an earlier departure hour for the next day. Once each team had finished the task by either touching the pole, or winning the earliest possible departure hour, they continued on to the hotel. During their stay at the hotel the teams watched videos from their loved ones at home.
- At Pattaya Beach, one team member walked around the beach with exotic fruits while trying obtain phone numbers three people of the opposite sex. The second team member used a radio to tell the first member what to say to the people as they tried to get their telephone numbers. After the first member obtained three phone numbers the team received the next clue.
- At Pattaya Park Tower teams had to ride down a very high zip-line from the tower's roof. While riding the zip-line they had to recognize, from the air, the name of the next Pit Stop. The name was written in big letters on a parking lot with the race flag by it. After they recognized it they could continue to the Pit Stop.
Leg 10 (Thailand → Sri Lanka)
- Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Colombo, Sri Lanka (Bandaranaike International Airport)
- Colombo (Susu Darame Temple)
- Colombo (Sri Lanka Masks Festival)
- Colombo (Groceries Corner) (Overnight Rest)
- Colombo (Kollupitiya Market or Laundry depot)
- Colombo (Sunil Cowshed)
- Colombo to Viharamahadevi Park
- Colombo (General Post Office)
- Colombo (Independence Memorial Hall)
For the Detour, teams had to choose between סבלי תבלינים (Sebley Tebleyneym - Spice Porters) and כובסים (Khobsyem - Laundrymen). In Spice Porters, teams had to arrive to a market and pack 25 kilograms (55 lb) of chili peppers in sacks and carry them along the market until arriving the mashing stand. Then they had to mash all the peppers to receive the next clue. In Laundrymen, teams had to traditionally wash 50 dirty sheets. Three of the sheets contained words. Only after teams will discovered the words did they receive the next clue. Each Detour choice had only three workstations, first come, first served. In the second and final Fast Forward of the race, each team member had to receive a permanent tattoo of a half-heart. For this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to search for a letter for the team among 7,000 letters. After finding it, the team received the next clue and a special item that was sent from home.
- Additional tasks
- At Susu Darame Temple teams had to find a needle in a haystack. They had to use the needle to sew holy Buddhist emblems on white robes. Then they had to wear the robes, take a taxi to a monastery, and receive a blessing from a monk to receive the next clue.
- At the Sri Lanka Masks Festival, each team member had to spin a large wheel with pictures of various masks on it. The wheel would stop at one of the mask pictures. The team member would have to remember what the mask looked like and find the actual mask within the festival crowd. After both team members recognized their masks, they had to try retrieving the next clue from underneath a live Cobra in a basket. One team member tried to charm the snake while second used large wooden pincers to try to grab next clue.
- At Sunil Cowshed teams had to put cow manure into baskets, put the baskets on their heads, and take the baskets to a drying area. Then they had to mix the dung with water and sawdust to make cow-pies. Then they had to stick 100 of the cow-pies to a wall to receive their next clue.
- In an unaired task at Viharamahadevi Park, one team member had to correctly draw and paint the flag of Sri Lanka following only verbal clues from their partner.
Leg 11 (Sri Lanka)
For the Detour, teams chose between זכר (Zechar - Male) and נקבה (Neqebah - Female). In both tasks team members could only use their right hand. In Male, teams had to load a buffalo-drawn cart with coconuts and guide it along a marked path. One team member led the buffalo while the other made sure no coconuts fell out of the cart. When they delivered all of the coconuts they received the next clue. In Female, teams had to milk a female buffalo. They had to completely fill a bucket with milk to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At Gangaramaya Temple, one team member had to walk over hot coals with their bare feet and then perform a traditional dance for some judges. After that, the other team member had to lie on a bed of nails for three minutes.
Leg 12 (Sri Lanka → Singapore)
- Singapore (Orchard Road)
- Singapore (Fountain of Wealth)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands)
- Singapore (ArtScience Museum)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands – Skypark)
For their Speed Bump, Tom & Adele traveled to Flight School and had to perform a flight simulation of Boeing 737 airplane. They had to perform take off, regular announcement, emergency announcement, and landing. After they succeed at least three of the four stages, they could continue the race.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arriving in Singapore, teams had to arrive to Orchard Road by sport cars. In the trunk, there was a suitcase with 1,000,000₪ in cash. After they arrived Orchard Road, teams had to take the cash suitcase with them to receive the next clue.
- At Orchard Road, teams had to cross the retail road when they're carrying the 1,000,000₪ from the suitcase, when they're wearing tall heels. Only after they arrived to the Fountain of Wealth with all the money, circled it three times and touched the water, they received the clue.
- At Marina Bay Sands teams had to perform an illusion show when one member is the magician and the another is the apprentice. In the first stage, the magician member had to tie the apprentice member's hands with handcuffs. In the second stage, the apprentice member had to enter a sack in a box and disappear. In the third and the last stage, the apprentice member had to return and get out the box with hands free and out of the sack. Only after the three stages were done successfully, the teams received the next clue.
- At ArtScience Museum, one team member had to drop down from the museum roof on a wire with their eyes blind-folded by a high-tech helmet. The helmet also had a small video camera and bluetooth headset build into it. Their partner had to act as their eyes by looking a video screen that displayed the scene captured by the helmet cam. The video-watching member had to direct the blinded member to where to collect merlions that were also suspended from the museum roof. After the team collected fifteen merlions and put them in a suitcase, they received their next clue.
- At Skypark in Marina Bay Sands, teams had to swim across the infinity edge swimming pool before they could step onto the Pit Stop mat.
Leg 13 (Singapore)
- Singapore (Singapore River Pier)
- Singapore (Hong San See)
- Singapore (Singapore Flyer)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands Shopping Mall)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands - 55th Floor)
- Singapore (Gardens by the Bay)
- Additional tasks
- At Singapore River Pier, teams had to sail in bum-boats to the other bank of the river.
- At Hong San See, one team member had to put out a burning pole by putting it in the mouth. Afterwards, the second member had to burn a paper covering by blowing fire on it. Only after the first member put out the fire on the pole and the second put the paper on fire, the team got the next clue.
- At Singapore Flyer, teams had to search for their next destination by objects in the booth, one of the objects is an ultraviolet flashlight which teams had to realize that it can be very helpful to find the object: by illuminating on a note on one of the objects (A megaphone) that said "Take me". On another object (a chair) there was a QR code which teams had to scan with their tablets. After they took the megaphone and the chair, teams received the next clue.
- At Marina Bay Sands Shopping Mall, teams had to use the megaphone from the previous task to convince 58 people to sit on the single chair from the previous task, simultaneously, holding flags with team's picture to receive the next clue.
- At the 55th floor of Marina Bay Sands, teams had to walk on a tightrope between two of the towers standing parallel. After arriving to the halfway, they had to take an orchidaceae flower. Only after the members walked the rope back and forth without falling and collected the flower, the team received the next clue.
- "ג'ובאני רוסו מייצג את קרואטיה בעונה השניה של "המירוץ למיליון"". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "סוף המירוץ". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "רשת מאשרת: תפיק עונה שנייה של "המירוץ למיליון"". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "רון שחר ינחה את "המירוץ למיליון"". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "היוש סינגפור: בר ואינה בצילומי גמר המירוץ למיליון". Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "TELEWIZYJNY SŁYNNY "THE AMAZING RACE" W KRAKOWIE". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- HaMerotz LaMillion, season 2, all episodes, originally aired 25 October 2011
- Official website (Hebrew)