From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Municipality of Belgium|
|• Mayor||Mon Fillet (Open VLD)|
|• Governing party/ies||VLD, CD&V|
|• Total||30.57 km2 (11.80 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2012)|
|• Density||460/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Area codes||016, 015|
On January 1, 2006 Haacht had a total population of 13,608. The total area is 30.57 km² which gives a population density of 445 inhabitants per km².
Special attractions in Haacht are:
- The church St.-Remigius, of which some walls still date the original construction from the year 1281.
- The Anti-Tank wall, a defensive line built in 1939 to protect against German attack. The wall was ineffective, as the Germans took a wide detour around it. In 1997 the nature preservation group Natuurpunt made it a protected natural area.
- The brewery of Haacht, the biggest Belgian brewery that is still in Belgian ownership and the third Belgian brewery regarding marketshare. The brewery is named after the municipality of Haacht but is actually located within the borders of neighbouring municipality Boortmeerbeek.
- The new sporting facilities 'Den Dijk', opened in 2003, with a separate gymnastics hall.
- It also has the nearest train station in its surroundings: Haacht Railway Station.
- Population per municipality on 1 January 2012 (XLS; 214 KB)
- Official website - Only available in Dutch
- Haachtse Geschied- en Oudheidkundige Kring - Only available in Dutch
- Haacht Brewery
|This Flemish Brabant location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|