|Full name||Haas Formula|
|Base||Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States|
|Team principal(s)||Gene Haas (founder)
Guenther Steiner (team principal)
|Formula One World Championship career|
|Debut||2016 Formula One season|
Haas Formula (originally known as Haas Racing Developments) is a Formula One racing team established by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team co-owner Gene Haas in April 2014. The team was expected to make its debut at the start of the 2015 season, but later elected to postpone their entry until the 2016 season. Haas Formula will be headquartered in Kannapolis, North Carolina, alongside sister team and NASCAR Sprint Cup entrant Stewart-Haas Racing, but the two teams will be treated as separate bodies. The team will also establish a second forward base in Europe for the purpose of turning cars around between races during the European season.
Haas Formula have approached Italian manufacturer Dallara to design and build their chassis, with a power unit supplied by Mercedes or Ferrari. Former Jaguar and Red Bull Racing technical director Guenther Steiner will be the team principal.
The team is the first American constructor to submit an entry since the failed US F1 project in 2010, and will be the first American team to compete since the unrelated Haas Lola outfit raced in the 1985 and 1986 seasons. The Haas Lola team was owned by former McLaren boss Teddy Mayer and Carl Haas, who is of no relation to Gene Haas.
- Anderson, Ben (14 April 2014). "Gene Haas eyes Dallara chassis tie-up for F1 entry". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publication). Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Gluck, Jeff (14 April 2014). "Gene Haas: No reason U.S.-based Formula One team can't succeed". USA Today Sports (Gannett Company). Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Doolittle, Dave (13 April 2014). "Kurt Busch: NASCAR team co-owner Gene Haas 'serious' about F1 team". Austin American-Statesman (Cox Enterprises). Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "FIA WMSC statement, Marrakech, 11 April 2014". FIA.com. Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Rencken, Dieter; Noble, Jonathan (16 January 2014). "NASCAR team boss Gene Haas plans new Formula 1 squad for 2015". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- Noble, Jonathan (6 April 2014). "Formula 1 could have two new teams in 2015 - Bernie Ecclestone". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 7 April 2014. "They will be accepted," he said about the Haas entry. "We have also accepted another team as well."
- "Haas confirms debut will be in 2016". ESPN. 4 June 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Beer, Matt (24 June 2010). "FIA fines and disqualifies US F1". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 16 April 2014.