Habib Faisal is an Indian Hindi screenwriter and director. He is best known for his directorial debut, Do Dooni Chaar, for which he won Filmfare Award for Best Dialogue. He co-wrote Siddharth Anand's Salaam Namaste. He also wrote director Shaad Ali's Jhoom Barabar Jhoom starring Abhishek Bachchan and Preity Zinta, and Siddharth Anand's Ta Ra Rum Pum starring Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukherjee. All three are Yashraj films. He also wrote Band Baaja Baaraat which was released in late 2010.
Faisal then went on to direct his second film, Ishaqzaade, starring debutant Arjun Kapoor, and Parineeti Chopra in their first lead film, which released on 11 May 2012. The film received positive response from critics, and managed to do very well at the box office, turning out to be a worldwide hit. He then wrote Bewakoofiyaan, which was directed by Nupur Asthana and featured Ayushmann Khurrana, Sonam Kapoor, and Rishi Kapoor. His next directorial venture will be Daawat-e-Ishq, which will have actors Aditya Roy Kapur and Parineeti Chopra in lead roles. Daawat-e-Ishq is scheduled for worldwide release on September 19, 2014.
- 2015: Fan (film) (writer) with Shah Rukh Khan and Subhojit Ganguly
- 2014: Daawat-e-Ishq (writer and director) with Parineeti Chopra and Aditya Roy Kapoor
- 2014: Bewakoofiyaan (writer) with Ayushmann Khurrana and Sonam Kapoor
- 2012: Ishaqzaade ( director)
- 2011: Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (dialogue)
- 2010: Band Baaja Baaraat (screenplay and dialogue)
- 2010: Do Dooni Chaar (writer and director)
- 2007: Ta Ra Rum Pum (screenplay and dialogue)
- 1996: Opus 27 (short)
- 1992: Electric Moon (assistant director)
- Filmfare Awards
- "Do Dooni Chaar about state of teachers in India". The Indian Express. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Middle Class Hero". The Indian Express. 15 October 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Nothing filmy about Band Baaja Baarat". The Indian Express. 24 November 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Ishaqzaade - Yash Raj Films". Yash Raj Films. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- ""Rowdy Rathore Bumper Opening In Single Screens Good At Multiplexes"". Box Office India. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Bewakoofiyaan - Yash Raj Films". Yash Raj Films. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Daawat-e-Ishq - Yash Raj Films". Yash Raj Films. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Daawat-E-Ishq to release on September 19". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Daawat-e-Ishq release date shifted to 19 Sept". India Today. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Lavanya launched, hit screen on 4 April". Indiantelevision.com. 3 April 2004. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Jhoom celebrates a positive attitude". Rediff.com. 15 June 2007. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
|This biographical article related to film in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|