|Birth name||Habil Mustafa oğlu Əliyev|
|Born||May 1927 (age 87)|
|Origin||Agdash, Azerbaijani SSR|
|Genres||Azerbaijani Folk Music, Mugham|
|Years active||1925 – 2009|
|Associated acts||Mark Eliyahu|
Habil Aliyev (Azerbaijani: Habil Əliyev; born May 28, 1927 in Agdash, Azerbaijan) is a prominent Azerbaijani kamancheh player. His music has been widely appreciated in the Middle East and Europe.
He is well versed in Persian traditional music and has played for many years at Tehran concert halls. He has numerous recording with the prominent Persian classical musician Shajarian.
Habil Aliyev's first international performance was in United Kingdom when he was accompanying Rashid Behbudov and Tamara Sinyavskaya. This performances created great resonance and British press quoting Major of Glasgow called Habil Aliyev "Paganini of Azerbaijan". He inspired Israeli Mizrahi musician Mark Eliyahu to play kamancheh.
In 2009, as a result of his poor health he made a symbolic "last concert" at Tehran Roudaki-Wahdat concert hall.
Influence and legacy
- Habil Aliyev's Biography, Last.fm, retrieved March 20, 2009
- Habil Aliyev, Iranmehr, archived from the original on 2006-05-08, retrieved March 20, 2009
- Habil Aliyev, personal website, retrieved March 20, 2009
- Юбилейный вечер "азербайджанского Паганини". echo.az (in Russian). Echo.az. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Bernhaimer, Kathryn. "Music Stars in Film Fest’s Israeli Drama". boulderjewishnews.org. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "هابیل علیاف با کمانچه خداحافظی میکند (Habil Alyev says goodbye to Kamancheh)" (in Persian).
- "A child music school named after Habil Aliyev". www.heydar-aliyev-foundation.org. Retrieved 11 August 2014.