Habra II (community development block)
হাবড়া II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||143.30 km2 (55.33 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Barasat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Ashoknagar|
Habra II (community development block) is an administrative division in Barasat Sadar subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Habra police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Guma.There are three census towns in this block: Bara Bamonia and Guma.
Guma, a census town in Habra II block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Habra II block has a total population of 149,803 out of which 77,014 were males and 72,709 were females. Population of the rural areas in the block was 134,322 and that of the urban areas was 15,471. Habra II block registered a population growth of 22.24 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.40 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". North Twenty Four Parganas District (11). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- From Barasat Sadar subdivision page.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.